1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Redux Redux :(

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Velvet_Hidden, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Velvet_Hidden

Velvet_Hidden Peer Supporter

I've decided to participate in the structured program once again after developing some symptom imperatives. They're not painful but they are ANNOYING! The most annoying is the random sinus issues I now have and the other is mild tooth pain that has seemed to linger for some time now. Each symptom didn't begin until after I participated in the structured program earlier this year for the full 42 days. At first I thought each symptom was non TMS related until I researched symptom imperatives while, having no luck in removing either symptom I've dealt with. Based on my research here on this forum and the other TMS forums, I'm confident I can over come both after I recently over came the TERRIBLE back, neck, shoulder and leg pain I dealt with for over 2 two years prior to this. Although I have the symptom imperatives, I still exercise in the gym and carry on with life something I couldn't do before reading Dr. Sarno's books or using the SP as a tool. If anyone out there has dealt with symptoms imperative and overcame it, feel free to give me some tips and advice!

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I think most of us have dealt with the symptom imperative. Sometimes I can just read about somebody's symptom and then get it. Gotta love TMS :)

My advice is to remind yourself that you overcame worse TMS symptoms, so you have the tools and know how to do it. Just be patient and do what worked before. Live life with joy and be kind to yourself. Don't beat yourself up because you still have some residual TMS.

You've got this. Keep us informed how you're doing.

Velvet_Hidden likes this.
  3. Velvet_Hidden

Velvet_Hidden Peer Supporter

Thank you so much for the kind words... Honestly I have an attitude (at the moment) of not wanting to go through the SP again :( Especially after reading the books on the subject matter many times and having already gone through the SP...I know I have no choice but to do it though, I want to get to the bottom of why I'm still developing new symptoms.....