1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Ménière’s disease vestibular migraine

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Julie Freedom, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Julie Freedom

Julie Freedom Newcomer

Hello Everyone,
    It’s nice to be here. I have a long history with TMS and I completely cured my back pain long ago by reading Healing Back Pain. In recent years I’ve had headaches, neck and jaw pain wasn’t able to really cure them. Now I have been diagnosed with Ménière’s disease and vestibular migraine. My trigger for vertigo has been taking care of my elderly mother. I’m her only family member. She’s alienated everyone else. She has Parkinson’s disease and some dementia and I’m convinced that this is just another TMS manifestsion. I’m dealing with a lot of fear of losing my hearing and also losing my mom. And I feel so stupid for struggling so much with this at my age. I’m almost 50. For feelings of dependency. There was a lot of emotional trauma in my childhood when she threatened to kill herself, and she was my only family except my grandmother, who looked about a million years old to me as a child. I’m feeling a lot of shame about all this and how deeply this has affected me. And I know it’s not useful and probably making things worse. As I write this I know that some self compassion would be good. And to ease up on the self judgement. I’m hoping that being here will help teach me how.

Lizzy likes this.
  2. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Julie,

I'm giving you a hug! The first thing that popped into my head was to suggest you write some compassionate letters to yourself. Write to that little girl! And some for times in your life that you could have used some compassion, and didn't either get any or enough, including from yourself. The thing is, we didn't know, we thought our thoughts were just fine. But, we talk to ourselves like others talked to us. Sometimes we don't hear a tone of compassion, love, acceptance.

My hubby is soooo good to me. He's not perfect, no one is. I have never liked my name, but when he says my name I love it. It took me a while to realize it was because his tone is one of love and good thoughts toward me. I like when he says my name, my name is pretty when he says it. So, the moral is, talk and write to yourself with love and compassion.

Lizzy