1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Day 1 - Healing & Getting Better

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Ruth_L, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Ruth_L

Ruth_L Peer Supporter

1. The pain is due to TMS, not to a structural abnormality
    2. The direct reason for the pain is mild oxygen deprivation
    3. TMS is a harmless condition caused by my repressed emotions
    4. The principal emotion is my repressed ANGER
    5. TMS exists only to distract my attentions from the emotions
    6. Since my feet are basically normal, there is nothing to fear
    7. Therefore,physical activity is not dangerous
    8. And I MUST resume all normal physical activity
    9. I will not be concerned or intimidated by the pain
    10. I will shift my attention from pain to the emotional issues
    11. I intend to be in control, NOT my unconscious mind
    12. I must think Psychological at all times, NOT physical.

My left foot is already getting a lot better. I do have a concern though, friends with TMS, and I've told them about TMS, are in denial, and always complaining about ailments. I feel that I must distance myself so that I can heal. MUST.

It used to hurt me to get out of bed and put my feet on the floor in the morning. I am dancing again. I plan to walk up the big hill again, maybe even today.

Fatigue is my other huge TMS issue. I thought it was due to me having mononucleosis as a young 15 year old but no, it's most likely TMS.

List of things I have due to TMS

Binge Eating Disorder
    Overweight
    Ulcers
    Plantar Fasciitis
    Constant Fatigue

I am talking about my anger to my DH (dear husband) a lot. He thinks I have tons of anger, I do. I have tons of rage, tons of anger and that is why I have TMS & TMS is affecting my body.

I am healing my body.

I am getting better.

I am happy.

2. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Hi Ruth! I have recently run into this problem myself - talking with others about TMS. I have many many friends who are in the 'healing professions." Chiropractors, physical therapists, doctors... I actually had a chiro friend tell me "You have a bad back. It will always cause you pain." But then I realized that this thinking is her entire career and a model of medicine that I no longer believe in. I've learned to know who to share openly with and whom to stay quiet with. I want to respect people but HA! I'm sure not going to let any doctor tell me that I have a bad back and will always have pain. Nope. Done that. Been There. And OVER IT!! Thanks for posting on the forum. It helps me hear about other people's experiences!

Ruth_L likes this.
  3. Ruth_L

Ruth_L Peer Supporter

4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This is another all inspiring post Ruth_L- thank you so much. I too had to learn to talk about tms only to the good people that want to hear it. Its almost like you started talking about religion or something when you bring up tms healing. That made me happy though cause when the truth is rejected violently -- You know you are touching a nerve. Deep in their heart they know something your saying makes sense and the belief system they have is solid as oak, like the habits of the flesh. Not to be taken lightly at all. That's why we have got to stay course and keep a smile cause when its all said and done we will be healed and those others that are really good people but they just don't want to hear it- well. They'll learn one day. Bless em
    Thank you for your post.