1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Day 1 Accepting TMS

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Anders, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Anders

Anders New Member

I have suffered from chronic pain for about 15 years and have only recently heard about TMS. I believe I have TMS. Many things point in that direction and I have always felt that there was nothing wrong in my body and the actual pain was the only problem.

Although I have TMS I fear I won't be cured. It seems almost to easy when you hear about all these successtories where people are cured in a few weeks after having suffered for years. I have followed Alan Gordons pain recovery program and had no changes in my symptoms, but I probably wasn't fully committed. Now I will try the Structured Educational Program with 100% commitment.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Anders, when I was doing the writing exercises in the SEP, I observed my brain literally diverting me from writing certain things down. In other words, if I thought of something, and then thought "oh no, don't write THAT down" I decided that I had to force myself to write it down anyway - no matter how embarrassing or shameful it was. After all, it's not like anyone else is going to see it, right? Those things weren't earth-shattering, but they were revealing about me and my childhood, and it was good to get them out in the open, realize they weren't that bad, and let them go.

In other words, my best advice about doing the SEP is to do it with complete and total honesty. It was hard, but it worked for me.