1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Could vaginal burning be TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Auri13, Mar 28, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Auri13

Auri13 New Member

I have been feeling a burning sensation in my vagina for almost a month. After a test the doctor said it might be due to a slight increase in the amount of good bacteria. I felt better for a while, then it came back. The burning isn't the same all the time. Sometimes I barely feel it, some other days I feel it more. I know I don't have an infection, I don't even have a secretion or anything, it's just the burning sensation. I recently read that the vagina is a muscle, after I read that a lightbulb lit up in my head... if it's a muscle it could also show typical manifestations of TMS such as pain, tingling, burning, numbness..... Am I crazy for thinking this way? I would like to know if any woman here has experienced something like this. Thanks in advance

2. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

It can easily be tms, yes.

3. Dakota

Dakota New Member

Yes, here too!

4. Surip

Surip Newcomer

Could be, that somehow your muscles there are tense. Have read a little bit of that. I think partly it is that in my case. Maybe stress causes myself to tensing the muscles there. I know i am biting my teeth together often, and the muscles of mouths and muscles in your pelvic floor are in connect somehow.

5. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, I had this horrendously in college. (Yes, I'm a female and no, Dorado is not my name.) I'd be lying on the floor in pain. Lots of antibiotics and creams provided by my university's medical center - even when no infection was present. Those symptoms were just so convincing! I've written before about how I also had discharge that nobody could figure out.

It went away when I stopped caring about it... and moved on to other symptoms until I started mind-body work.

ARCUser831 likes this.
  6. Surip

Surip Newcomer

Dorado, i hawe the same here now. My gynecolost did find some DIV from my vagina, and i’m taking a long antibiotic salve for it now. But the burning feeling is not inside the vagina anymoore. Its somewhere between vagina and urethra. And worse ewerytime i go to bathroom. And i have some discharge too. There are better times and worse times. Now worse times again. What did you do, just quit caring all you did? Sometimes my periods make it worse.

7. Surip

Surip Newcomer

Please tell what kind of work you did?

8. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

This was a symptom that I truly had to believe was the mind-body connection - because there was no infection and I knew that going on more antibiotics was detrimental to me and other people (my own internal biome, superbugs, etc.). When I believed that, it went away.

Unfortunately, I still wasn’t balancing my emotions or dealing with my inner turmoil, so the symptoms simply turned into other issues such as nerve pain elsewhere in my body. But once I did the mind-body work, I was successful.

Here’s how I overcame my worst symptoms: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/how-i-healed-from-a-myriad-of-symptoms.18723/ (How I healed from a myriad of symptoms)

9. Bernardomelo

Bernardomelo Newcomer

Hi! Can I ask you what other symptoms did you have and how do u feel now? Would appreciate your answer

10. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Having known @Dorado for a while, I can assure you that everything you need to know is in the thread she posted, including the many questions and additionals answers she gave at the time. I will repeat the link for you:
    Please understand that this is not a put-down. TMS is a survival brain mechanism that runs on fear. One of the things we see here over and over is that newcomers are convinced (not rationally or consciously, but by their unconscious primitive fearful brains) that if only they can receive THE ONE TRUE ANSWER directly from someone who has had their exact symptoms, then they will instantly and magically "heal".

The sooner you consciously reprogram your brain to let go of this kind of thinking, the better. Ultimately, it's just another distraction.

Believe me, if there was just one answer, we would post it on a single web page and not bother with the forum. For better or worse, there are many different paths to recovery - it's not a linear process, there are no black & white formulas or rules, and no one path is the same.

After you read Dorado's thread, go to our Success Stories subforum and read those theads. You can also do keyword searches on your symptoms. Then, you have to "do the work". You'll know what that is by the time you've read a number of Success Stories.

Good luck!

Dorado likes this.
  11. Here4chocolate

Here4chocolate New Member

I have had vulvodynia since 2007 and I've been using the mind body approaches to overcome it. I won't go into details but I will say, if someone tells you you need a vestibulectemy...I wouldn't do it (I did it twice and I wish I could go back in time and not). I had actually mentioned in a post earlier about my pain being the vulvodynia and inner thigh pain. I gave birth and had an epidural. I couldn't feel a thing, no touch, no contraction's, no pushing a human out lol. BUT I still felt my pain. Doctors said that's impossible. I know it it isn't.

Dorado and JanAtheCPA like this.