1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S. (New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

could this also be considered tms?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Nov 5, 2017.

1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

so around a week ago i started to have pain in my gums and teeth in the lower left side and then it changed to the top side (switching one side to another and not on the same side, common tms) but after a 3 days the pain subsided but i suddently got a mild cold, it started with allergies and in the next day i felt weak and had a light headache with a bit of congestion and my voice is kinda strange sometimes. so its been around 5 days and im still the same not better or worst. no green mucus or coughs just like a bit tiredness and congestion in one side of my ear and random coughs with a bit of heavy breathing and in the morning i have greenish liquid muccus

could a cold allergie (idk what i have) be tms? i ask because not long ago i had a break up(around 2 months ago) which still affects me not much like before tho and last week i had a huge emotional fight with my mom and other anxiety and stress stuff happened last week and this one. the cold have put me out of physical activity since it began because im scared of getting worst (just like when i had herniated disc. loll im talking about the herniated disc and the pain is suddently raising. when i knew i had herniated disc i was scared of doing anything leading to tms same thing is happening with this cold.like, will i ever get better? should i go outside? im worried i get worst). i have a gym section tomorrow and im really excited to hit the gym again after 5 days but what if i get worst? ive been drinking everything and i see the cold the same everytime. i think my next approach will be to treat it as tms, ignore it and hit the gym (the thing i love ❤️ other than my family) hard like if its the last day of ly life :)

also i was wondering if i would get sick from all the anxiety and atress hehe

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    Velvet_Hidden likes this.
  2. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

The worry about the cold/allergy is the tms. That is your fear brain trying to pull you back into a distraction away from what it conceives as intolerable emotions. Pay it no attention if it is mild and it should follow the normal course of a minor cold or allergy. Try not to worry!

Velvet_Hidden likes this.
  3. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

All my allergies and getting sinus crud left after my tms healing, I rarely get sick now. You sound just like me 3 years ago, take heart your on the right path.

Ryan

TrustIt, Velvet_Hidden and Tennis Tom like this.
  4. Velvet_Hidden

Velvet_Hidden Peer Supporter

the same scenario happened to me after I got rid of my back pain last year... that thick annoying post nasal drip and runny nose I hate it but I know it's the same game with my unconscious mind.... it's tms... I began re-reading Dr. Sarno's book and journaling again and the symptoms are beginning to fade...

TrustIt likes this.