1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Conquering TMS

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by psychosomatic, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Physio Guy

Physio Guy New Member

Saw your videos about a year ago. They are incredibly powerful. Thank you for sharing.

2. livelaugh306

livelaugh306 New Member

I discovered TMS by typing in "how I overcame chronic pain" in YouTube and found your videos. Thank you so much for sharing your story!
    I am on day 2 and very hopeful these techniques will help overcome the shoulder pain that has debilitated me for seven years.
    Cheers from a fellow Canadian and enginerd (at least I assume you are from the pinky ring in your video)!

3. psychosomatic

psychosomatic Peer Supporter

Very observant of you, I am in fact a Canadian Engineer. Best of luck with your recovery. You're in the right place :)

4. Anshushakti

Anshushakti New Member

Hey Kareem ( not sure exact name). I watched your videos on You tube and they inspired me a lot. I have mild back pain for last 7 months. I am able to do all my activities without pain ( walk/jog/drive bike/sleep) except sitting in office.But due to doctor's suggestion i was not doing anything ( not bending/not lifting weights/Not playing cricket). After watching your video i resumed all activities. I watched your video last Saturday and next morning i went to play cricket. My first day in office after watching your video went very well. But after that day i am feeling my each day is worse than previous day. I am following all your suggestion and i also read the book healing back pain from Dr Sarno. Today i am little bit discouraged because i went to play cricket today and since i came back i am feeling significant increase in my back pain. I strongly believe i am conditioned to play cricket. As you suggested i journal a few things that might be bothering me and i am trying to ignore the pain ( thinking psychological than physical)
    Here i am writing the worst part of me.
    As i have tried a lots of things and nothing worked for me, I am very much negative. I have completely accepted that i am suffering from TMS but i am in doubt if i will recover fast !!! I want to mention that i am in pretty much ( really much much ) better than you. But still i feel very stressed out due to my low back pain and i am desperate to get completely recover

5. psychosomatic

psychosomatic Peer Supporter

Hi Anshushakti - Thank you for sharing your story. I am sorry you've been in pain, but I am confident you are now in the right place to heal.

It is great to hear that you are open to the TMS diagnosis. One thing I want to emphasize is that everyone's path to healing is different and it cannot be rushed. You must be patient and follow your instincts. It sounds like you might be being a bit too aggressive with returning to you activities such as cricket. Take your time, keep journaling, reading success stories and letting the information sink in. Over time you will start to see improvement and then I suggest GRADUALLY resuming your activities. You will know when the time is right, just be patient and do it in steps. It can take time to decondition yourself from these triggers, it will not happen over night and some days will go better than others.

You may want to consider following the structured educational program on the wiki as it will keep you focussed on your recovery.

Be well

6. Anshushakti

Anshushakti New Member

Gradually makes sense...let me try

7. Misha

Misha Peer Supporter

Your videos are very inspirational, thank you :) I would love to know more about the hypnosis technique you mentioned if you have time?