1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Conquered dry eye, now obsessing over bladder - Could use some support :(

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by yoyo12, Jun 12, 2018.

1. yoyo12

yoyo12 Peer Supporter

Hey guys, I really need some support. I was doing extremely well the past few months and able to get rid of dry eye symptoms and saw my skin improving (i had stress induced rosacea). When I finally was able to let go of my obsessions with my eyes and skin, I think I relapsed into something else.

I've had constipation issues on and off throughout my life, it actually got better lately, until today when I went to the bathroom and had a hard time passing stool. I put some pressure and when I relieved myself I had some lower abdominal pain. Immediately, I had to think of a health TV show I watched a few days earlier in which they discussed the issue of a prolapsed bladder and uterus which can occur when putting pressure on your pelvic muscles. Right away I jumped onto google to check the symptoms of a prolapsed bladder, started obsessing over it and started to feel all of the symptoms described (AFTER I googled them). I'm at loss, i'm a mess again and have developed another obsession right at the moment I thought I had regained my life again!

My mom who's a nurse who for years worked in gynaecology said it's almost impossible for me to have it as even women who give birth and put insane amounts of pressure only get a prolapsed blatters or uteruses only in some cases or older women in menopause. I know I'm only 24, have never given birth before, still, I just CANNOT let go of it.

I'm actually feeling the bladder and lower abdomen sensations extra hard now that I'm typing this out. Has anyone had any experience with similar sensations? I could really use some support...

2. jokeysmurf

jokeysmurf Well known member

Hi yoyo12, I am a male and had bladder issues as well as obsessive googling and symptoms checking. At one point I remember hearing a conversation about someone having an ear ache and then later my ear started hurting. The brain is a funny thing. You can generate pain and symptoms in any area just by being afraid of it. Very real pain but also nothing to do with an actual abnormality. I should know I used to get checked all the time. They never found anything- which is good.

I decided to take an online anatomy course because I decided I wanted to learn drawing. You what I learned about myself. #1 I realized that what I thought was a bladder or stomach or even a colon pain was almost always muscle or fascia pain. There are so so many muscles, tendons and fascia that cover our entire body. I'm mentioning this not to add to a worry but to reiterate what Dr. Sarno says about TMS muscle pain. %99 of the time it's not structural but something more akin to a muscle cramp.

Rest assured that when you practice letting go of fear the symptoms will go away. We have fear problems, not pain problems. Pain is a consequence of fear. Look into Alan Gordon's pain recovery program.

All the best

Vindawg likes this.