1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Confused, need advice

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by osca aelius, Apr 3, 2018.

1. osca aelius

osca aelius Peer Supporter

As some of people may know, i just have gone through some bothering symptoms. Get my chest checked and the result is my lung is clean, EKG test came normal. Teeth pain doesnt bother me and i cant feel the pain anymore.

Now, i feel uncomfortable while doing deep breath, the uncomfortable location is a little under my chest, and a little upper on my belly stomach, which i discovered is the diaphragm location. I dont have shortness of breath, i can breath fine. Just the thing bother me when something feels uncomfortable while im doing deep breath, and i keep doing deep breath and the uncomfotable sensations is still there. I keep remembering things when doing deep breath doesnt feel uncomfortable, but why now it feels little uncumfortable.

Really feels sad and crying, i dont know how to cope with this, it feels so hard, need advice. Currently lying on my bed :(

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  2. osca aelius

To add some more information, i sometimes do sit ups exercise. Dont know if maybe it was linked. I may stop doing sit ups to see if its the cause, or should i just any physical exercise as usual?

3. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

When I was TMS'ing badly back in the days, sit ups didn't always work to my advantage. It could trigger pain in my abdomen or back and even could start diarrhea. Just be kind to yourself. Sit ups are overrated imho, just be physically active and that is all you really need.

Why do you breath deeply?? To see if the feeling is still there, to see how it feels at this moment, if it has changed? You understand where I am going with this? You can literally create more discomfort when you hyperfocus on any uncomfortable sensation. I also doubt it is your diaphragm, rather I think it is your abdominal oblique that might be a bit sore form doing sit-ups.

I hope you find the strength to focus on emotions instead, as that is the way out of this. 'Why am I focusing on a physical symptom? It is probably because I am repressing certain feelings that I carry with me. So I decide to focus on that instead...'. Alan Gordon's program is full of possible techniques to do that, for example you could decide to write in a journal or listen to a mindfulness exercise on youtube.
    I know, easier said than done. I really feel your despair as most of us have been there and sometimes still fall into the trap. Just trust me that you can find your way up again.

be kind to yourself

Lynn S likes this.
  4. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

I think you have said you have listened to, or read Claire Weekes. She has talked about this, and it is possible it's from your anxiety. I'm having some anxiety these days and so have been listening and reading again. I am practically bathing myself in her words. She is so reassuring.

5. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Claire Weekes words are golden!!

Lizzy likes this.
  6. osca aelius

Thanks guys for replying. This remind me of my previous post about me worrying my jaw have TMJ. Then a guy on forums told me, maybe i have obsession problem, not jaw problem. Just the same like in this case, i can breath fine, i dont even feel shortness of breath, i feel fine. Just that when i deep breath and there is some discomfort on abdominal, i keep asking myself, is this a serious conditions or TMS? Then i keep continuing to deep breath like Gigalos said to see if the feelings is still there.

I even sometimes think im going crazy, since little symptoms can bother me so much and make me think i have serious illness.

7. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

You're okay. We tend to worry because that's what our minds are using to distract us. Whatever is the original stress or problem doesn't matter because you're thinking about your body. Try to feel your emotions, or at least talk with your brain about them, even if you can't feel them. Keep teaching your brain that it is okay. Your symptoms are normal for a tmser. Don't let your brain convince you otherwise.

Gigalos and Lynn S like this.