1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Chronic pelvic pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Skyman824, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Skyman824

Skyman824 New Member

Hi, i came across this website and figured i would give it a shot. I’m 26 and diagnosed myself with CPP March 2018... I had every test done in the book and everything came back normal. My main complaint is rectum aching that lasts very long periods of time (literally a pain in the butt) . I have tried seeing a pelvic floor therapist but didn’t make much progress... I came across someone on social media who beat this after reading dr sarnos book... I am not sure where to start to start healing. Diet ? Meditation? Any advice would be much appreciated. I am very exhausted :(

2. tmstraveler

tmstraveler Peer Supporter

Hey man. Same boat. After a long journey including lots of pt, some injections, even (gulp) hemorrhoid banding, I’ve come to the belief it’s TMS. I think you’re in the right place. Look up posts by @ezer, @Jason32, @CarboNeVo, and @c90danwaiel to name a few. These guys all had similar or way worse symptoms and beat it with a mind/body approach.

There are others but those stories are pretty clear cut. The main theme seems to be reducing anxiety around the symptoms once you know it’s not structural and focusing on living your life with the pain (for a while). Eventually it will fall away.

Alan Gordon’s 21-day pain program on here is a great place to start as well and if you want a coach to guide you, the Pain Psychology Center offers Skype sessions for 150 per.

Hope that helps!

HattieNC likes this.
  3. Skyman824

Skyman824 New Member

Thank you for taking the time to write that.. it means a lot. I will take the time to read everything and really digest it all to start my healing process.. It just doesn’t make sense that there are times in pain free and times where I could almost just give up.. both extremes makes me think it’s TMS. I also never wake up from aches... it’s once I wake up the ache comes back.

tmstraveler likes this.
  4. tmstraveler

tmstraveler Peer Supporter

Yes, it DOES make sense... for TMS. ;)

Welcome. It took me a year to accept the diagnosis as I’m a fairly rigid mind but the evidence is pretty astounding. You’re going to be okay. Just educate yourself as much as you need to and then once you’ve filled up on knowledge put it down and apply the techniques without becoming a research junkie. I feel like I’m currently caught in that cycle but I’ve already read and listened to a ton of stuff. That said, you’re just starting out so I say load up! Be inspired!

Also, I’m someone who benefits from help so the Pain Psychology Center has been great for me but either way, know that this is real, people get better, your symptoms make sense, and you can do this!

Skyman824 likes this.