1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Chronic back pain

Discussion in 'Mindbody Video Library' started by Karenb, May 11, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Karenb

Karenb Newcomer

Hi I'm new to this forum. Just looking a little advice about TMS symtoms cuz I'm 95 percent sure I have it. My symptoms are mostly higher up my lumbar spine but my main symptom is extreme tightness only when sitting then dissappears as soon as I stand up. Then when I stand in one position after a while I start getting pain and when walking it also comes on in that same area. I've had these symptoms for a long time now. Over a year. I know now off these activities are dangerous so I guess it's learned pain. I've also been applying alot off the TMS stuff and a few times have been able to turn my symtoms off. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

2. Zuz

Zuz Peer Supporter

Hello!
    Have you found the really helpful ressources on this forum like the podcasts in Q&A section?
    Or the Structured Educational Program?
    I have been on this for two weeks and had back pain for 21 years : some acute flare ups where I am paralyzed from pain and day to day tension and discomfort like you describe.
    I have hopes...

3. mugwump

mugwump Well known member

Welcome to the forums!

4. Karenb

Karenb Newcomer

Yes I have checked them out. I have hopes as well. I've started getting on with my life again overcoming my fears etc and I think that has helped. I just sit now despite the discomfort and go out etc now and keep telling myself I'm not broken I'm safe in my body and mind. I have noticed the symtoms switching off the odd time so I'm hoping with more practice and time it will get better and better. I also find meditating and breathing exercises for useful.

5. Zuz

Zuz Peer Supporter

Great! Congratulations on sitting ! ( hihi no one outside of this forum would understand that)
    Great for the symptome switching :).

i have found out fear and pressure must certainly keep all my pain on high so have been working on meditation, breathing and being aware of my thoughts and hope .

happy progress

Karenb likes this.