1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Checking In.

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by braden101, Apr 1, 2014.

1. braden101

braden101 Peer Supporter

Thought id check in with a bit of an update, have been trying to keep myself off the computer and concentrate on, well, life!

I have been in pretty good spirits lately, mild TMS symptoms coming and going but are not bothering me like they use, I am really starting to get this fear thing under control, with alot of help from the people on this forum and Claire Weekes book.

Ill have days when a tms symptom will overpower me for an afternoon but I am getting better and faster at getting on top of attacks. Headaches and reflux pop up at times of stress but I am able to recognise them for what they are and what's going on in my mind at the time of onset.

After finally getting the inguinal hernia diagnosis my urinary problems and pelvic trigger points have almost vanished. Just having a real diagnosis after these few months have definitely lessened my anxiety about the crazy symptoms I was having. Its like the curtain has been pulled back and i can see and feel the hernia pain for what it really is while it is not being exacerbated by anxiety and fear.

The hernia pain is definitely real, it is slowly getting harder and harder to get through a full days work and a bulge has recently become visible entering my scrotum. I saw the surgeon last week and he is sure that is what is causing my pelvic pain, he thinks there might be a second hernia on the left side. He has recommended not to put off surgery too long as he has no doubt it will slowly get worse, especially while I am very physically active with work. Apparently they can turn into emergency surgery if your intestines work their way too far through.

I'm booked in to surgery in 1 month, 1 night in hospital and 2 - 4 weeks off work. Gives me a bit of extra time to get my head in the right place before surgery.

From the dark place I was in 8 weeks ago, I feel like a different person. Still always expecting those ups n downs, just concentrating on not getting stuck in those downs!

2. Mermaid

Mermaid Well known member

Hi Braden,

It'great to hear you're doing so well. You seem to have relaxed a lot compared to your early postings.

WELL DONE ! tiphata