1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 25 Checking in

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by gydiwon, Dec 19, 2012.

1. gydiwon

gydiwon New Member

Hello everyone. I thought I would check in and report how I am doing. Although I am on day 25 of the structured program, I have actually been working the program for much longer. I just haven’t been very good about coming back every day and writing a journal entry. It feels like a chore sometimes.

I had suffered with tennis elbow for almost a year. When I first read Dr. Sarno’s book, I began resuming my activities, but only noticed a 5-10% reduction in my previous pain levels. I did not experience any further reduction in pain for several weeks and began to worry. But I stuck with the program and after about four weeks, my pain suddenly decreased by 90%. That was about a month ago. I am now able to do everything I used to do before the pain started. However, the pain is still not completely gone.

It looks like I still have some work to do before the pain is completely gone. But I am encouraged by the results I’ve had so far and will keep trying.

Forest and veronica73 like this.
  2. tarala

tarala Well known member

Hi Gydiwon,

I feel the same about journaling, and meditation. I really drag my feet sometimes, then when I do them, they are so helpful. I finally decided I didn't need to be perfect at it, and four or five times a week would do.

Cheers, Terry

3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Heya, gydiwon,

Thanks for dropping by. Yeah, journaling can be a bit like eating your veggies. Not always something to get excited about, but good for you, nonetheless...

Forest