1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Checking In & Immune system question.

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by braden101, Feb 26, 2018.

1. braden101

braden101 Peer Supporter

Hi Guys,

Started my TMS journey years ago and have used the concepts to treat many recurring issues. Headaches, tinnitus, groin/genital pain, back pain...The list goes on and on.

I usually manage to get myself in a great place after a few months and it's smooth sailing for up to a year until something randomly pops up because i get complacent and stop thinking emotionally during stressful times.

Lately it has been a lower back injury with sciatica, a few weeks of looking structurally I pick up my Mind body prescription book and a few chapters in the pain starts to move around and before i even finish the book, the pain is almost gone!

The thing is, when this happens, I almost always get a cold/flu/stomach bug. This time it's a horrible head cold (2 days before i fly out for a 2 week work trip, which is a whole other stressor in my life and I'll be here all day telling you that story haha).

My question - Has anybody found TMS work to weaken the immune system? Maybe a last ditch effort to keep me thinking physically in the lead up to a stressful event?

I don't show my face here much since I my inital problems and i usually don't stay around for long because i get ontop of my symptoms so quickly these days! but it's nice to know i have somewhere to vent and to people that understand!

2. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle