1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Caved to meds last night

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Boston Redsox, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Since I have started this process...my pain as escalated and is traveling to place around my body....I been taking cleansing breaths and talking to my pain, but it seemed the more I was doing the stronger the pain got, I needed to sleep last night I needed to be fresh for work so I carved to pain killers it was the only way I could comfort myself...I feel by doing this the Pain won this round last night ?

2. labrador

labrador New Member

Sorry to hear you are having a tough time at the moment. Don't be too hard on yourself for taking the pain killers this time - instead of thinking that pain won - how about turning it on its head and thinking that you won because you did what you needed to get a good nights sleep? Or even that it isn't a contest between you and the pain... I had a flare up this week with several bad nights sleep so I took a painkiller (which I don't like doing either) , had a good nights sleep and felt better for it. I know it's not ideal but sometimes if it gets you through.... I've found that a meditation that helps me deal with pain in a compassionate way is called Soften, Sooth & Allow on Kristen Neffs website www.self-compassion.org - I played this last night and slept well.

3. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Boston,

I completely empathise with your situation, I have had a few lapses because I have been overly anxious state and wired, it can be counterproductive to any meditation or self talk you do.

What tends to work for me, is to play some music or read a book prior, something which totally shifts my focus from the pain, prior to moving into self talk, meditation then guided visual imagery.

I am not saying, it will work for you, but certainly worth a shot.

I hope your journey becomes easier my friend - may you find what has hurt you, be close to it and become one with it and live a life without pain. God bless.

Boston Redsox likes this.
  4. blake

blake Well known member

Hi there,

I know it took me a little while to figure out which TMS technique would best work for me, so be patient with yourself. I would also highly recommend the structured program on the tms wiki website (if you're doing it already). It's free and it contains so many different options for healing. The journaling was extremely helpful for me.

Before you know it, you'll find what works for you and you'll be on your way to become free of pain.

Hang in there and don't be hard on yourself!

5. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

Yeah, don't sweat taking meds, especially when you're new to TMS. It takes time to get better. But I can swear to you that it really does work.

6. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Excellent web site thx u

7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Boston Redsox, thanks for letting us all know about the self-compassion web site.
    I watched it and love it. I'm keeping it on my computer desktop for frequent viewings.

Boston Redsox likes this.