1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Casey has healed! (This is big)

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

You may know that Alan Gordon was recently on The Doctors, an Emmy Award winning medical talk show produced by Dr. Phil and airing in seven nations.

Alan worked with Casey, a TMSer with an incredibly compelling story. After treating him, he recorded a third clip that they are going to be showing soon.

I'll talk about the new clip below, but first, you MUST watch the original clips... they're amazing.

Pretty compelling, right?

Anyway, after recording those clips, he worked with Casey for a month or so, and Casey healed! He is fully recovered, happy, and playing baseball again.

They haven't posted the new clips of the new, healed, Casey, but I they will be first broadcast on July 21st (but different times and different dates in different states). Set your DVRs.

This could help a lot of people. The two original video clips have half a million views, plus the hundreds of thousands of views of a CBS distributed TV show.

So how many views will it get when they have the "Before" and the "After," with a full recovery? And how many of those people will want to try TMS healing for themselves? How many lives might be changed?

I don't know, but it gives me a lot of faith in what Alan can accomplish. I've been working with Alan to spread the word about TMS for about nine years now. During that time, I've seen him start a TMS clinic, The Pain Psychology Center, and build it up from nothing to a staff of 12 trained and licensed psychotherapists, offering TMS coaching for clients worldwide. Now he's going to do an outcome study with one of the leading brain-scanning scientists in the world - if we can get funding, he'll also do a documentary about it to help spread the word. He's also the most talented TMS therapist I know, to boot.

I've been doing TMS work for around 9 years now (on the order of 20,000 hours invested). In the last couple of years, it's been hard to be as excited as I used to be. But when I see what Alan has been able to accomplish, it gets me excited again. He has suffered through TMS as bad as anyone - practically every symptom under the sun - and he overcame it. If anyone can carry forth the work of spreading the word about the power of the mind to heal, I think he's the only one who can reverse the trends on TMS awareness.

So, thank you, @Alan Gordon LCSW for that. It feels good to be excited again.

http://www.thedoctorstv.com/ (The Doctors TV Show)

Benjiro, Kerrj74, Fabi and 10 others like this.
  2. Everly

Everly Peer Supporter

Omg, this is so exciting. I remember watching these videos and reading the sceptical youtube comments. I was checking for updates.
    It is completely fantastic. I feel like Alan Gordon and Howard Schubiner truly are changing the course of modern medicine when it comes to treating ''unexplainable symptoms'' which are on the rise lately.
    I must say I am a bit jelly he got well in a month, because I haven't healed completely yet after 6 months of TMS work, but I know I should not compare and I am happy for Casey!

3. Forest

Yeah, Alan is a pretty amazing healer. Some people heal quickly and some people don't... it's just the way it is. But there was only one person here. The pressure on Alan must have been huge (as well as on Casey). He's pretty amazing under pressure, though.

And props to Casey, too. And more importantly, to everyone here, who is going through the same thing. It's scary as hell. But it's something where you have to bring your A-game to getting yourself in the right state of mind.

As Yogi Berra said, “Baseball is 90 per cent mental. The other half is physical.”

I think I have my new status message....

Alan Gordon LCSW and Everly like this.
  4. Everly

Everly Peer Supporter

Definitely a lot of pressure for Alan Gordon after that first segment. I was rooting for him. There can be so much resistance from main population about TMS. Can't wait to see the new video!

5. Ines

Ines Well known member

Oh I love this. Remember your first feelings after reading a Dr. Sarno book? I remember the pure relief come over me that there was hope. You can see it in his face in the first video. Poor kid. I'm glad he's doing better.

Forest likes this.
  6. Forest

I hear you, Ines, I can't wait to see the new videos.

Dahlia and Ines like this.
  7. MWsunin12

MWsunin12 Beloved Grand Eagle

A beauty of an uplifter today. Thank you, Forest for posting this. Happy to read that this young boy is out of the relentless cycle of his pain. What a great thing to be on national TV. 3 cheers.

Ines and Forest like this.
  8. Forest

The "after" episode finally aired! It's an absolutely amazing recovery. I'm so happy for Casey and his family. Congratulations, Alan and Casey!

I'm archiving the video and article from the The Doctors website below.

If anyone wants to try the same treatment style that Casey did, Alan is running a free 21 day treatment program. 10 days have already been posted, but you can join in at any time.

It's just amazing to see Casey playing baseball again. Definitely worth a watch.

Teen with Mysterious Pain Returns
    By The Doctors Staff on 12:00 AM PT, July 21, 2017

Casey suffered from severe pain for years, while doctors were baffled. When his family visited The Doctors a few months ago, the true cause was uncovered – but has the teenager recovered?

“It kind of feels like being stabbed, and then a twisting pain,” Casey told The Doctors when he first appeared on the show. But extensive testing revealed no physical problems.

Watch: My Son's Medical Mystery

Therapist Alan Gordon, executive director of the Pain Psychology Center, discovered the answer -- Casey was suffering from “psychogenic pain.” Anxiety “flipped on” the pain signals in his brain. But Alan assured Casey that he could take back control. “My hopes are for Casey to be back in school and on the baseball team,” Alan told Casey and The Doctors. But has this happened?

Alan visits a batting cage with Casey – an activity that once caused him severe pain. Now he’s able to swing, jump, and run. “It honestly feels weird not having pain while I swing!” Casey says. “It’s a miracle.”

“I’m so happy for you,” ER Physician Dr. Travis Stork tells Casey. His mom, Dianna, says Casey is his old self again, happy and doing well in school. Alan explains that he worked with Casey to overcome his fear of the pain – once he knew there was no physical cause and fought his fear, the pain signals in Casey’s brain were shut down. And Alan says Casey is not alone -- “They’ve actually found that the majority of chronic pain is not due to structural problems in the body, but learned neural pathways in the brain.”

Dahlia, MindBodyPT, Gigalos and 2 others like this.
  9. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Wow... amazing video...
    This is powerful stuff for raising more public awareness of what chronic pain most often is. Alan is really taking it to a new level.

Forest likes this.
  10. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

TMS seems to be having "a moment".......tv, movies, print media, research. Mainstream here we come!

David85 likes this.
  11. itmsw

itmsw Peer Supporter

Wow, thank you for sending these videos. I had no idea that Alan was on the Doctor's and was helping this young man. I am so happy that Alan was able to help him and he has made such a wonderful recovery. I hate to see anyone in pain especially children!! And yes it is wonderful that TMS is receiving more public awareness and how doctors can help!! Great Job Alan!!! Thank you for all the work you, Forest, and Dr. Schubiner have been doing to get the word out and to help so many people.

Kerrj74 likes this.
  12. BOP

BOP Newcomer

Amazing and wonderful. I so wish I had discovered MBS before I let a doctor put a needle in my spine "for diagnostic purposes" and create a real physical spinal cord disease when he punctured my spinal cord on accident. Still MBS work has taken me from 24/7 panic about what is going to happen and escalating pain, to a pretty great life. Thank you.

13. Everly

Everly Peer Supporter

Wow, just went through the youtube comments due to curiosity and people are so dismissive and bashing the diagnosis . The boy is pain-free after 2 years of disabling pain and dozens of doctors and even exploratory surgery, its a frikin miracle!
    Alan Gordon made it happen, yet people are are...like blind in them comments. Makes me sad to be honest.

Gigalos likes this.