1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Can Iron Deficiency Be a Result of TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by dashapiro, Feb 15, 2023.

1. dashapiro

dashapiro Newcomer

Not sure if I have heard this one before, but interested to see if anyone has had experience with this or learned about Iron deficiency being a result of TMS.

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

The internet is your friend for questions like this. I put "stress and iron depletion" into Google, and came up with many authoritative results on this topic. You can do the same.

You might need to educate yourself about the TMS acronym and its relationship to emotional stress and distress. tmswiki.org provides the basic information, the Structured Educational Program (also on the wiki) goes into it in more depth, and any book by John Sarno MD will explain his theories and how he came up with the acronym.

If you are interested in learning in general about how long-term emotional stress and distress can result in actual physical/physiological disruption, I recommend reading "When The Body Says No" by Dr. Gabor Mate, MD.