1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

can anyone answer

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Benny562562, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Benny562562

Benny562562 Peer Supporter

Seems like a simple question that I ask people can't seem to be answered. Learning about Tms just recently so trying to get as much knowledge as possible. Just want to know,once u start the SEP or whatever protocol to get rid of Tms,do your symptoms start going away gradually or in some people over night? I read dr sarnos healing back pain book and started the SEP a few days ago and notice no changes yet. I know it's a process and everyone's different. I just received dr sarnos lecture dvd,going to see it today.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Benny. Healing from TMS repressed emotions most often is a gradual thing, not usually an instantaneous thing, although pains may gradually go away.

In another of his books, THE MINDBODY PRESCRIPTION, Dr. Sarno writes about this: "W

Benny562562 likes this.
  3. Benny562562

Benny562562 Peer Supporter

Thank u Walt.. I heard good things about seeing his lecture DvD. People have said his lecture and voice resonate with them. Going to see it today. I haven't read the mind body prescription book. I'm currently reading the great mind deception

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

My computer tends to post before I want it to.

Dr. Sarno writes about this: "Why does repudiating the physical and acknowledging and accepting the psychological make the pain stop? Remember that the purpose of the pain is to divert attention from what's going on emotionally and to keep you focused on the body. In essence, it is a contest fro conscious attention. Reflection (journaling) is a therapeutic too. For most patients it will banish the pain and usually prevent its return. For most people just thinking about the rage (repressed anger) is as good as experiencing it."

Sarno says becoming pain free from believing in TMS causing it may happen quickly or take longer, even months. "But be assured you will start improving gradually but steadily."

Benny562562 likes this.
  5. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
    Benny562562 likes this.
  6. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Two things, although #2 is a more specific extension of #1.

1. Obsessing is part of the goodist & perfectionist personality, and it's part of what got us here. Recognizing and then letting go of our tendency to obsess over everything we do is essential to recovery from TMS.

2. With that in mind, remind yourself every day - Don't watch the calendar and don't count the days!

There is NO predetermined schedule for this work.
    One size does NOT fit all, and the path is different for every individual.
    Don't try too hard! Allow yourself to let go and to trust that change will come.

Besides, I suspect there is already change. You have more hope than you did a short time ago, right? One of my favorite books is about the power of hope to achieve physical healing, so that's already a step forward.

Jan

JoeB1 and Jay24 like this.