1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Bye bye back pain/tingling/numbness

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Lori, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Markus

Markus Guest

I'll second that. I mean it :)

2. EileenS

EileenS Well known member

I am having amazing results with Howard Schubiner's book. I have not read Steve O's book, but I found Dr Sarno's books not enough; too vague on what to do with journalling. Schubiner's 4 week program has very specific exercises and 4 great meditation tracks on a CD to reinforced what is learned each week.

Simplicity likes this.
  3. jrid32

jrid32 Peer Supporter

What is Steve O's book?

4. stayfit65

stayfit65 Peer Supporter

The book is by Steven Ray Ozanich called The Great Pain Deception. I highly recommend reading.

Ines K, Boston Redsox and jrid32 like this.
  5. giantsfan

giantsfan Well known member

What an awesome sister in law you have!!

6. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Fred Amir book shows you how to start living again .... No other book tells you how to move

7. breakfree

breakfree Peer Supporter

Hi lori

What an amazing story - your recovery gives me hope - thank you for sharing it !

Best Wishes x x

Lori and AnnaSchweitzer like this.
  8. deedee

deedee Newcomer

Could someone post the excerpt from A DIVIDED MIND that Dr. Sarno told you to read every day?

9. Shine4me

Shine4me Peer Supporter

Thank you so much for your story. It is very, very encouraging. I have just today started SEP.
    I keep thinking that maybe it's not really TMS - got to keep talking to myself. - Kick the negative and embrace the positive. It's early days but I'm going to give it my all. Your story is an inspiration. I'll keep referring to it. Bless you.

10. Lori

Lori Well known member

It is pages 142-146 in The Divided Mind.

11. Click#7

Click#7 Well known member

How long did this episode of pain go on ?

12. BarbMast

BarbMast New Member

I cut and pasted your post into a document that I will keep and use for the information. Just wanted you to know how much I appreciate you taking the time to post it and how valuable it will be to me.

13. Workinghard

Workinghard New Member

Lori,
    I am new to this site and am desperately seeking advice. I posted my story under " A Desperate plea for help". I have a chronically bad back that got much worse in January of last year, and that re-triggered an odious form of migraine I once had years ago (details in my post). To make matters worse, I was rear-ended on my way to an appt. last Thursday. It was not a high-speed impact , and I can't for sure say that I'm worse for the accident, but my anxiety is so bad, that I can't discern anything clearly right now. The accident was the last thing I needed in this horrible experience. Now I have to worry about damage from the accident. I went to a local urgent care center and got the usual cursory exam. Nothing came up. I had no pain at the accident scene and no pain at night. Today is the third day and I'm feeling some pain, but I can't tell if its from my anxiety overlapping on my usual pain, or an injury from the accident. I suppose its just my usual pain being amplified by my anxiety because I have not taken any pain meds in two days, and I am not substantially worse.
    I just got 'The Divided Mind" and will go right to the pages you've recommended. Do you have any advice?

14. Boston Redsox

Try asking God for help he will listen

15. Workinghard

Workinghard New Member

I've been trying for the past year. I'm Catholic so I've done the following: 1. Weekly confession, 2. Mass, 3. Daily Rosary, 4. Frequent Chaplet of Divine Mercy, 5. Sitting in church alone next to the Tabernacle, 6. Eucharistic adoration, 7. Other devotional prayers, 8. Novenas, 9. Scripture reading. 10. Trying to not commit even the smallest sin. None of the above worked. I am not healed. Then this past Thursday I was rear-ended driving to an appt. Why would God allow that when He knows that I am already struggling so badly? Why would He want to hurt me? So, no, asking God for help has not helped. I've been not just asking, but begging, daily, for a year. I beg God all day long and when I wake up at night. Vestibular migraine is a particularly abominable form of migraine for which hardly anything is known. I had it once in my mid-40s and recovered to 100% normal. Then when my back went out last January, I could not sleep and that re-triggered the migraine after six years of being normal. Just having the migraine recrudesce has created PTSD, which is another thing I am now struggling with. So, sorry, God has not helped, despite heroic efforts on my part to reach out to Him.

16. Boston Redsox

It all comes down to not Making trying to heal a full time job ,and this is what it seems your doing ...believe I have been there and I am finally after 10 yrs not doing that ,god already know we are hurting . Bring god into your life let him know you need help..god wants us to be strong ..in the mean time try to help others and live your life..WE NEED TO HAVE FAITH AND HOPE .

stayfit65 likes this.
  17. Gojab

Gojab Peer Supporter

Very interesting tie into Religion. I never considered that. Was in a strictly religious family my whole life, then became a religion major, then became an Atheist (for which my family makes me feel guilt). I'll have to ponder this one...

18. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Whether you are an atheist or a deeply religious person, examining your life, gaining mental clarify and resolving your inner conflicts leads to the life free of pain, both physical and emotional. TMS is a path of self-exploration.

19. mugwump

mugwump Well known member

Im gonna buy this book! Thanks :)