1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Buttock

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by patrickj, Mar 11, 2023.

1. patrickj

patrickj Well known member

I said I’d stop posting here and looking for help after Monte Hueftle made me realise I’m feeding the pain strategy and the distraction..

but I’ve had this pain in my left buttock for a couple of years. It’s like glute medius or something. If any of you know the pigeon pose in yoga - that pose hits the affected muscle bang on…

The pain is up and down.. good days and bad days. I rested for 6 months and it was back after 1 hour of exercise.

sitting on it hurts when it’s a bad day..

And my hip cracks with it / wants to crack. It’s as if there’s a whole tightness surrounding the hip, glute and even down my hamstring to the knee.

Ive returned to the activities I did before as of 3 weeks ago. No improvement or resolution of pain.

this is the one pain / everlasting injury I have that I have never seen a doctor or physios about. 1) because I know they’re clueless with pain and 2) I’m already going through the system with my shoulder and side/back pain

any advice?

cheers

2. LMB

LMB Peer Supporter

I believe Sarno mentioned that the main areas affected in TMS was the low back and top of buttocks, glutes area. I have both and can be distressing.

patrickj likes this.
  3. patrickj

patrickj Well known member

thanks.. my lower back pain shifted to my sides and mid back and has lingered for years.

This butt pain is a strange one. 2 years it’s been now.. and no improvement

apparently I need to learn to “feel my feelings” which I have absolutely no idea how to do

4. LMB

LMB Peer Supporter

The buttock feeling is not a sharp pain, it’s shooting and kind of a heavy/pressure feeling, weird which makes me feel anxious. Think this sensation was mentioned on the forum before, some days it’s not noticeable and other days it’s there. Confusing and frustrating

5. roydr301

roydr301 New Member

I had a very similar issue, recently I could not event do pigeon stretch without my glutes automatically going in spams. The more I tried stretching the tighter and more permanent it became. At the worst of my pain, I could not even sit on a chair without pain and limping afterwards. It had been months struggling and tried physio, osteo., and massage to get these glutes more relax without success. The only thing I new was that I was not injured. Even my physio agreed with that and encouraged me to do more exercises. However, more exercises meant more pain an stiffness for days. My subconscious was resisting…

I decided to try the Structured program on this site and to my big surprise my glutes have never been more relax. The last few weeks, I have done no physical therapies to address my glute stiffness only TMS exercises. Actually, after about 3 weeks my pain was almost gone and my glutes much more relax. Not necessarily perfect but I had the proof needed to keep my resolve in following the TMS program.

Still today, I am in disbelief that my subconscious could have such impact on my body.

patrickj, Sita and JanAtheCPA like this.
  6. LMB

LMB Peer Supporter

@raydr301
    Thank you so much for posting your experience with buttocks/glutes pain. Sometimes that is all we need to hear from someone who’s been there. When people have a success story, sometimes they don’t take the time to post, meanwhile, it means the world to some of us and I thank you for that. Bravo to you for thinking of others. Much appreciated.

JanAtheCPA likes this.