1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Brilliant re-post from 2009!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by njoy, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Cool, and congrats! Will they be available on Amazon? I want to buy one so you'ze guys can make a buck or two, one buck for each of you. I got Walt's books for my GF, the Christmas Book and the mystery/comedy book, I'll have her give a review here when she's done read'en 'em.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Tom your the best pal a man can have, thank you. Yes its available at Amazon now. You won't be disappointed.... I listen to it and read it everyday. The opening chapters will be great, you'll see. Our Tuesday night talk shows will have a lot to talk about, Steves book really brought a lot to the table. This book will be bringing a lot too.
    Bless You

3. Tennis Tom

Book ordered on Amazon one click. How much for autographed glossies?

Forest and Eric "Herbie" Watson like this.
  4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Both the paperback and the Kindle are now available to buy at amazon.com

5. Abundance72

Abundance72 Peer Supporter

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum, i'm usually on the TMS Help forum but I decided to try this one out. What's the name of your book Eric (Herbie)?

6. tigerlilly

tigerlilly Well known member

Welcome Abundance72! I'm not familiar with the TMS Help forum, but I can tell that this group is super supportive, super-compassionate, and super-friendly. You'll feel right at home here!

7. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Heya, Abundance, welcome! welcomea I'm the admin here. If you need any help learning your way around, just let me know.

8. Abundance72

Thanks guys! It's a pleasure to be here :happy:

9. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Wow! I've sure missed all you peeps on the TMS Forum!
    I'm coming up on my 1 year anniversary of my original success in the program, and dang if TMS isn't rearing its ugly head. I've been dealing with the foot pain and headaches this week as I recover from a bad elbow injury.
    This 2009 post was a great reminder of what I need to do! I began by "yelling at my subC" like Sarno suggests, but it was only after I was able to honestly say to my subC "Do your best. You no longer frighten me." that the pain went away.
    And Herbie, you're an author!! Too cool! Share the book title with us!
    Blessings,
    G

10. Tennis Tom

I like that "subC"! I've never heard the subconscious referred to like that. It took me three years just to learn how to spell it right, and I'm still not sure what the difference is between the subC and unC, if any? I think you're onto something here Gigi. In this brave new tweetie age, abreevs like that may make the dark hole of the subC seem less ominous; "my subC's b'ing a real b today, i'll 'ave to slap it around and show it who the eboss is."

Eric "Herbie" Watson, Gigi and Forest like this.
  11. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

I've always called it that! I have to say that I'm a stickler for proper spelling and grammar in formal writing, but my subC and I have a more personal relationship.;)

12. Tennis Tom

Welcome Abundance, your research over at THelp uncovered some TMS oldies but goodies gems from La_Kev, that levitated over to here, thanks!

Abbondonza!
    tt

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  13. Abundance72

Thanks Tom! I enjoy searching through the boards. I'm feeling stuck at the moment and having some varying levels of pain in several areas so I'm trying to find anything that helps! I'm trying hard to remain fearful but I'm struggling at the moment. There seems to be a wealth of information on this board which is great! :happy:

14. njoy

njoy aka Bugsy

TT said, " I just ordered a trip-tik map from the auto club for the road to hell. I think it's a highway in B.C., Canada, I have a Jeep so no problem, having to hassle with chains."

Hey, Tom, welcome to hell. The highways are all good but you might find a bit of mud if you go off road at breakup. It's been known to happen, lol.

15. Tennis Tom

It's the " Coq" (not the drug) Coquihalla Hwy up in B.C. There's a reality TV show, one of my favorites, called "HIWAY THRU HELL". It's about the wrecking truck drivers that clean up the accidents trying to keep it open. They do unreal things under impossible conditions--no room for TMS there. There is HOPE since they are based out of Hope, BC. My Jeep would have no problem, it's a donkey.

16. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I like that show, too. Exciting work by really caring people.

Do you really get about by donkey? I'd love that. No gas or oil or repair bills.

Imagine how great it must be to live where there is Hope all around you.

17. Tennis Tom

Sorry Walt, no I meant my Jeep is as sure footed as a donkey--or is it mules? I had a great 8,000 mile trip in it, cross-country and back a few years ago. It was during the big blizzard of the winter of 2005/06 over Historic US 50. I was holed up at a Holiday Inn Express, in Gunnison, CO. for three days waiting for Monarch Pass to open up. New Year's morning it reopened and the Wrangler was very sure-footed going over the 12,000 foot pass with no guard rails and steep drop-offs, down to La Junta, CO. There was snow all the way to Parkersburg, WV. and then headed south to Florida and went top-less. Great trip and would love to do it again, if my GF will let me, she's not that crazy about road-trips, truck-stops and camping.

18. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey Abundance72. That is my favorite number, when ever I see it I know I'm going to have good luck. :) The name of my book is "God Does Not Want You To Be In Pain"
    It's full of all the ways I used to heal. I have my whole story on how I got pain free 100%. Walt Oleksy above wrote the book with me and his story and healing to becoming pain free is there too. I want to wish you well in all you do. If you go to the support forum and ask you will get lots of help there.

Now back to you, so you are having a hard time right now right? What's your protocol? Like your day to day style and techniques that you use to get better? I often have to meditate or go for long walks. I renew my hope often and always have to get some type of positive motivation before I begin my day.

Now this is some of my protocol and I want to add that fear is a belief and beliefs can be changed.

Bless You

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  19. Forest

I hear you on the camping, TT. My GF doesn't like it at all. I try to sneak it in a little, but, nope, she just doesn't like it. I guess that's the way it goes.

@Abundance72, fear is a bit part of TMS. It's there to draw you in to the whole TMS cycle of worry. Just as doubting the diagnosis is part of the diagnosis, fear is an important part, too. You can definitely overcome your fear, though. It may take time, but you definitely can do it.

20. Forest