1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Brazilian Jiujitsu and training in pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by polution, Jul 15, 2016.

1. polution

polution New Member

Hey all this is my first post here.

I'm 2 weeks into my TMS treatment and seeing good results and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

My question is this... should I still train Brazilian Jiujitsu or basketball even when my back is still sore? It's not majorly spazzing but definitely feel it.

Aria2 likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Most TMS therapists and Dr. Sarno himself encourage physical activity, that it won 't make a pain worse and actually helps it to heal. An excellent example of this is Steve Ozanich in his book, The Great Pain Deception. He writes on how continuing to play golf despite the pain helped heal him of multiple pains. But he also said he had to discover the repressed emotions that caused it.
    Journaling helps this. If you haven't done it yet, I urge you to start the Structured Educational Program, free in the subforum of this web site. It will help you to discover repressed emotions causing pain. Good luck and be happy.

polution likes this.
  3. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Carry on my dear. It's much harder to resume physical activity if you stop or pull back due to fear and pain. Given you're already seeing the benefit of tms healing I'd encourage you to maintain momentum.

polution likes this.
  4. polution

polution New Member

5. polution

polution New Member

Thank you Plum will do

6. kersm

kersm New Member

For me when I didnt train I got more pain thats why I started mobilization yoga and whatever. When I started to train I started it with pain-it got better and better. When I think about that maybe there is a physical factor to my pain then my pain got worse.

Make sure there's nothing really wrong with your back like cyst or cancer or w/e. Sarno wrote about it in his books.