1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Brand new

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by chuck172, Nov 10, 2016.

1. chuck172

chuck172 Newcomer

I have muscle twitches in my left forearm down to trembling fingers. I've been to a neurologist. He gave me an EMG test. He said not to worry, I have benign fasciculation syndrome.
    He said the muscle twitches can last for months, go away and return, or never leave. He also said that it is caused by anxiety and stress. He prescribed Xanax.
    I just ordered the book, "The great pain deception". I understand that my condition can be helped by TMS.
    Besides reading the book, where do I start?

2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Your neurologist is right. You are in the right place. Check out structured education program on wiki. Meditation is your friend. Good luck!

3. chuck172

chuck172 Newcomer

Can you provide a link to that TG957

4. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

5. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

You've crossed your eyes and dotted your "T'"s--or is it verse-vicea? You saw a physician, an enlightened one, who didn't alarm you and start sharpening his scalpel to cut you. He told you it was benign and gave you the correct dx for proceeding with implementing the TMS path--"caused by anxiety and stress".

I had a good doctor once, now retired who, I went to for a panic attack, thinking I had suffered a heart attack--which can make you a bit panicky, eminent death and all that. He also prescribed Xanax many years ago, and said to take one when I felt like that--I've only had to take half of one since discovering TMS.

SteveO's book "GPD " is a great TMS text. It is endorsed by Dr. Sarno and has a great Appendix of TMS symptoms to go to when a new "pain" crops up, instead of going the google panic route. That's all you should need. It's always good to read a TMS book occasionally for a booster of TMS KNOWLEDGE PENICILLIN.

G'luck!
    tt/lsmft

6. chuck172

chuck172 Newcomer