Boredom / restlessness causing TMS?

I think that there are too many stimulus today. We do one thing and are already thing about the next one. I used to love photography, but now you can take a thousand photographies. You can even ask chat gpt to do it for you.

I used to play synthesizer. I used to love it. I loved testing its small sound bank, but one day, I bought a sampler. And I bought a cd rom's, with 500mb of sounds. I remember not feeling well with the amount of sounds I had at my disposal. It was too much, and I'm talking about 1995.

One thing that made me stop doing video, was Instagram. I thought why doing it, if people watch videos like they are shewing a gum.

I guess I'm too old for this modern world.

That's why I wanna get back with my wife. I really think that little is more. Once your brain gets used to a slow pace, it will be paradise, I guess. Unfortunately, when I do this, slow the pace, and then, after some time, i return to the "jungle" I feel miserable. Whys is that?

Some times I think I have a problem, of not processing information as fast as I used to, that is fear/TMS that is making me slower.

Can one really feel well alone? Does boredom really goes away if we just calm down our brain and teach it that is fine to just be at ease? With nothing to do?

What I feel, as a child would say, "is that I don't have noone to play with me"
I totally agree about the overstimulation. Things are just too quick for my older brain! Way too much information and we are not equipped to store that much. Also the obfuscation is quite a challenge because we humans want to know what's true and that's almost impossible anymore. I don't know if I will ever get to the point of being fine with nothing to do for any length of time. It does seem like a waste of human life to simply be, not feeling like I am contributing to anything worthwhile, but I know simply "being" is what all the gurus say is a preferred state. 🤔
My best effort right now is to keep dismissing my thoughts once I realize I am in a confused state, looking for a physical cause and solution, ask my mind what it needs to feel safe, and see what happens next.
 
I totally agree about the overstimulation. Things are just too quick for my older brain! Way too much information and we are not equipped to store that much. Also the obfuscation is quite a challenge because we humans want to know what's true and that's almost impossible anymore. I don't know if I will ever get to the point of being fine with nothing to do for any length of time. It does seem like a waste of human life to simply be, not feeling like I am contributing to anything worthwhile, but I know simply "being" is what all the gurus say is a preferred state. 🤔
My best effort right now is to keep dismissing my thoughts once I realize I am in a confused state, looking for a physical cause and solution, ask my mind what it needs to feel safe, and see what happens next.

The problem is always the fear. The fear of being bored, the fear of one wasting one's life, because you aren't doing interesting things, and the clock is ticking, the fear of not sleeping, of being abandon by life, while others, younger people, are having the time of their lives, the fear of being broken, and the fear of having fear.

My TMS crisis goes from fear to rage, to nostalgia, to loneliness. I mean, I look at my life and I think what's next? Can one really be at ease with their thoughts, when your above 50, and life insists on making you alone? I mean, it's so difficult to meet new people at my age, that are available for a friendship. On the other hand, things don't excite me as they used to. This digital world is drowning you in information. I used to make music, videos, etc. But now, I simple think, what is the point of doing it, when people are too busy to see something longer than a 30 seconds clip on Instagram. Well, I end up not doing at all. I stop doing music, and other creative stuff, and nobody cares.

The truth is that we will always be obsolete with time. It was so good to read a book in the old days, I remember devouring Sarno's books, but now it seems like a waste of time. I don't wanna be in this moving train anymore. I really think slowing down is the key. Do you think boredom will vanish, once you slow your life and train your brain that it is safe to slow down, and have no "exciting" things to do?

I fear not having nothing to do/boredom because I'm inundated by thoughts that creates me anxiety, thus pain. I guess this happens with everyone here. TMS don't like when you lack the motivation to do things.

O also understand why lousy weather also creates pain. Lousy weather makes you be at home, and being at home, will bore you, because you are confined, namely for someone that are so fed up with computers, and such. Claustrophobia makes you fee pain.

By the way, I during this last crisis I start eating chocolate a lot. Chocolate mousse, cakes, etc. I'm slim, it doesn't affect my weight at all, but it is something that gives me pleasure and not depend on others. Chocolate really affects my mood 😀

Oh TMS, it makes you suffer, to keep you safe, which also means not to lose motivation in life😢

TMS push you forward. Stalling is like your grave.

By the way, lately I been having great fear after a period where I am distracted, or after sleeping, like, fear/anxiety has accumulated, and than floods me, after I think about where did it goes. Can someone comment on this?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top