1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Boo hoo on surgery

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by whofeelslove, Jul 1, 2015.

1. whofeelslove

whofeelslove Peer Supporter

Hi folks
    So I had surgery after putting it off for 2 years and 5 weeks out and no difference in my leg pain and I see the neurosurgeon tomorrow and I don't think he really has a clue as he is telling me it will settle down and other ortho saying re herniation. Yes I'm back to TMS and started reading "you are the placebo" by dr Jo dispenza after seeing him in chicago..I'm going to give the TMS thing another go even though the pain and numbness gets unbearable in my leg sometimes..lol any tips or advice? I have all sarnos books still
    Cheers ian

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, whofeelslove. I know you hoped the surgery would relieve your leg pain, but it wasn't a waste of time or money
    because now you know it is from TMS. Now you need to convince yourself 100 percent that it is TMS.

I urge you to begin the Structured Educational Program, free in a subforum on this web site. It will help you to
    discover the psychological/emotional causes of your pain.

I hope you will read the other posts today in the SEP and other subforums. There is some really inspirational reports
    from fellow TMS sufferers.

Also look at a new thread in the General subforum that I will post in a few minutes, about steps to reduce anxiety
    related to TMS.

3. IndiMarshall

IndiMarshall Well known member

since you believed in surgery, for another 3 months its better to follow that protocol.. as you are operated recently (5 WEEKS ago)the muscles might be weak..its important you swim or do physio.. once you reach a manageable position itS better to concentrate on TMS. At this stage mixing both the things is not correct as according to Dr Sarno you shouldnt be doing any PT..... Or do Phsyio or swim but in mind keep thinking that you are doing this for over all health instead for your back.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015