1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Body tension

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by MrNiceGuy, Aug 24, 2016.

1. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy New Member

My headaches have improved so much in a short time. I'm really conquering the fear I had- the fear that a headache could come at any time and strike without warning. However, I'm still having trouble during tense life moments with body tension. It's like a tightening or mild cramping sensation in my shoulders and upper arms. Just wondering what I can do to release this tension in the moment without resorting to the constant self massage tricks I mastered these past two years.

2. Ines

Ines Well known member

Maybe breathing or meditating. Taking a bath. How did you break the fear cycle so fast?

MrNiceGuy likes this.
  3. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy New Member

It's had everything to do with reading Sarno's book and following his daily recommendations. Now, I know my headaches are caused by my brain, and that there is nothing else wrong with me. I don't fear them, because even if I get one I am prepared to focus on my emotions instead of using medicine or self massage to relieve them. Essentially, I am no longer afraid of the pain because I know I can deal with my troubling emotions consciously, and even if I end up with another headache, I can go to therapy or use mental strategies to get through it.

I think I'll try meditating more often with the body tension. Good suggestion.

riverrat likes this.