1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Believing it's TMS

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Kylin Foster, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Kylin Foster

Kylin Foster Peer Supporter

I'm struggling to believe my bloating is TMS 100% please help.

•Started getting symptoms doctor mentioned that I didn't have before like fullness and discomfort
    •when I stress about it it gets worse !
    •started getting bloated or at least I thought my stomach changed in flatness either way i didn't eat anything so I'm either stressing and causing bloating or hyper focusing and than causing stress and bloating so it's TMS
    •feel like my stomach got more bloated didn't eat feel less cute in what I'm wearing so either in looking for problems or stressing and causing bloat

This is my
    Evidence lost so far

2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Your concerns were addressed very well by MWSunin back in August, I'm copying her post for you, sounds like nothing has changed for you since then, I would take her advice and that of others in that thread :

Quoting MWSunin :
    1. "Bloating comes and goes with hormonal changes. Kylin, please take this with the gentleness that it is written.
      My sister was obsessed with every little change in her body. She was on constant stress alert and worry.
      I have some of that, but she had it 10x's worse. After 3 decades of going to the doctor and getting way too many prescriptions for things she didn't need, she did get cancer. Though it was a curable cancer, she lost her life because she was stressing and obsessed with it constantly. Her body had no resources left.

I don't know how old you are, but please stop doing what you are doing right now. Stop in your tracks.
      Many doctors have told you that you don't have anything. You are constantly looking for "something." You really don't want "something" to finally appear.
      Do what you must to find a way to a calmer mind. I think you have too much time on your hands.
      We all fear symptoms, but the work of this forum is to NOT indulge in them. It's to get mutual support to get back to living.
      I cheer you on to return to a full life now. Stop looking in the mirror. Stop looking in your mouth.
      Force yourself to stop. Go outside and walk around the block every time you feel an urge to look.
      Talk to someone. Call someone. Ask them about THEM. Do not talk about your health issues.
      Break the pattern. I think you know you're heading down the wrong path or you wouldn't have posted on this forum.

I write all of this not as criticism of you as a person, but as encouragement to make a different choice for your life.
      I know my sister would have chosen differently now. You can do this. Every doctor has told you nothing is wrong.
      Mouth sores are caused by an imbalance from stress. Please. Read Dr. Sarno and Steven Ozanich. Turn around while you can. And, you can."

MWsunin12, Aug 30, 2017ReportBookmark
      #2UnlikeReply
      You, Ines, Lizzy and 3 others like this.[/COL

*****************************************************************************

[​IMG]
    1. Kylin FosterNew Member
      New
      Thank you for your response. And thank you for sharing about your sister. I'm so sorry. You're right. I really needed to hear this.

Kylin Foster, Aug 31, 2017ReportBookmark
      #3LikeReply

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    Ines likes this.
  3. Kylin Foster

Kylin Foster Peer Supporter

I have taken that advice and it has helped a lot and I know it's TMS but I'm struggling to believe it deeply on every level. I felt the believe it was TMS with the pelvic pain was on a deep level and I want to get there with the bloating.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  4. Ines

Ines Well known member

Hi, Just wondering why you don't believe it on a deep level but you did your pelvic pain. Is it because the bloating is not painful?
    I can kind of relate because I have a lot of TMS things but allergies is what I have a hard time deeply believing is TMS and that's not painful so maybe that's why.
    It really seems that you are approaching your bloating like somebody with a type T personality would. Have you tried to not pay attention to it?