1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Been a while

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by jokeysmurf, Oct 6, 2022.

1. jokeysmurf

jokeysmurf Well known member

It's been a while since i have been on here. I have made huge strides and lots of progress with TMS and also anxiety in general. The issue currently is trying to determine what I am feeling. I'll try and explain. I went from being very anxious and worked on my reaction and slowly I could feel my reactions becoming less intense and duration shorter. I felt more normal, less dizzy and less tired. And maybe what I am feeling is another transition again. The first time I sort of interpreted this initial calming as depression. I didn't feel sad but I guess I wasn't getting the huge adrenaline dumps and I felt a little flat. I think adjustments are normal. Well I feel this time even more capable of handling stress which would normally send me into dizzy spells and headaches and IBS but I do feel a little flat.

Anyway just seeing if anyone else has gone through this. Maybe its adrenaline withdrawals or something. This calmness is new to me. I had large calm periods when u was younger but I'd say I haven't felt calm calm since before grad school in 2007.

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Good to hear about what seems like excellent progress, @jokeysmurf! You've come a long way!

You may be right about the adrenaline withdrawal, but I suspect that the other thing going on is that your fearful brain is trying to trick you into finding something new to worry about :hilarious:

When you feel this way, take a deep breath, and then smile. Strange but true, smiling will change how you feel. Then laugh a little bit at your brain trying to pull you back into fear and anxiety.

Take another deep breath, and tell your poor brain that this is the new normal, and not to worry.

Taking a few minutes to write down some thoughts might be a nice way to affirm your new mindfulness.

Cheers,

~Jan

3. jokeysmurf

jokeysmurf Well known member

Hi Jan, I guess I had not considered that this too was TMS. I mean maybe I did consider it a little bit or I wouldn't have written here but it seemed a little less i dont know what. But now as I am thinking and writing about it makes sense as a good possibility. I work on my writing

JanAtheCPA likes this.