1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

BACKLASH SHARING TMS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Richsimm22, Sep 4, 2015.

1. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Those are all my favorite books too, Markus. And yes, his face. He captivates me because you can see he's seen so much. His story about being a baby in Hungary during WWII was pretty profound. The doctor at that time noted that "Many of the Jewish babies are crying a lot." The little angels were picking up on the stressful terror their parents bore. BTW- The narrator of the book is his son, Daniel Mate. He does a wonderful job.

JanAtheCPA and Markus like this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

That's the book list I recommend, Markus: Dr Sarno, Dr. Mate, and Steve O, with the additional inclusion of Hope & Help For Your Nerves by Claire Weekes (which was the second book I read after TDM and it was almost as instrumental in saving my life).

Along with the SEP! :D

Markus likes this.
  3. Grateful17

Grateful17 Well known member

You are the 3rd person to recommend that book to me. I think I will finally order it. Sounds like something I will really enjoy.
    Thanks

North Star and Markus like this.
  4. Markus

Markus Guest

I have always wished that Dr Sarno would have gone into a recording studio and read his own books with that voice he has which is so easy to listen to +, it's very authoritative. But I have seen at least one of his full length lectures so I can keep going back to that. And I'm at the point where I know I need to move ahead so I've decided ok, we're going to do the SEP,
    And I wanted something from Dr Sarno that was recent and combined other physicians viewpoints, and of course steve has the most complete book out there I think, and Gabor his book will cement the fact that we can do anything with our minds concerning our health so, that's my plan and I will be starting that within probably a day or two, I can't be accused of rushing which is what I did when I first started I really devoured everything and found I just got burned out and so now I've taken it very slowly. I used to have horrible anxiety which I cured of my own but I do remember her name Claire Weekes in fact" don't quote me", but I think somebody let me borrow a cassette tape of her book and I listened to her back in the I want to stay that late eighties or the mid-1980s. She's most definitely a pioneer. My mother had had anxiety so I used to worry about my health and after 5 years of worrying about my health and running to emergency rooms I began to logically conclude that well you know you don't even have a fever all your tests come out normal you know maybe you just are okay, so when panic attacks started to come what I would do if I would let them come I always use the analogy that I would stay on the front porch and let them come up and join me lol!. (I'm grateful my Mother could see I was going through what she did. But those are the books along with the SEP that I'm using.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  5. Markus

Markus Guest

I have always wished that Dr Sarno would have gone into a recording studio and read his own books with that voice he has which is so easy to listen to +, it's very authoritative. But I have seen at least one of his full length lectures so I can keep going back to that. And I'm at the point where I know I need to move ahead so I've decided ok, we're going to do the SEP,
    And I wanted something from Dr Sarno that was recent and combined other physicians viewpoints, and of course steve has the most complete book out there I think, and Gabor his book will cement the fact that we can do anything with our minds concerning our health so, that's my plan and I will be starting that within probably a day or two, I can't be accused of rushing which is what I did when I first started I really devoured everything and found I just got burned out and so now I've taken it very slowly. I used to have horrible anxiety which I cured of my own but I do remember her name Claire Weekes in fact" don't quote me", but I think somebody let me borrow a cassette tape of her book and I listened to her back in the I want to stay that late eighties or the mid-1980s. She's most definitely a pioneer. My mother had had anxiety so I used to worry about my health and after 5 years of worrying about my health and running to emergency rooms I began to logically conclude that well you know you don't even have a fever all your tests come out normal you know maybe you just are okay, so when panic attacks started to come what I would do if I would let them come I always use the analogy that I would stay on the front porch and let them come up and join me lol!. (I'm grateful my Mother could see I was going through what she did. But those are the books along with the SEP that I'm using.

IrishSceptic likes this.
  6. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Markus, I have Healing Back Pain on Audible and it IS Dr. Sarno reading it. It's wonderful. The good doctor's soothing voice has gotten me through many flares.

Markus likes this.