1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Back from Holiday , now what ......???

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by nelle, Oct 3, 2016.

1. nelle

nelle Peer Supporter

Before i went away i was at the end of week three on the program. No internet while away so i took a break from doing the structured program. The holiday in spain was beautiful and stunning , how ever not free from stress as my partner is depressed and very unsure of our future together. At the end of the two weeks together he was in a better space and we are much more affectionate together again .

I did not work on myself while i was away i did no journaling at all , there was only maybe two or three times while i was away where i worried about my head symptoms and they got my attention . I was much more free of head sensation and the worry that comes with it .

Interestingly the morning i get back to the uk , bang its all back . The strong sensations the irritation and the worry it will drive me mad and the desire to stop it . I wasn't working at trying to stop it while i was away i was just more free and guess i dont relate spain with the head sensations. But back in the uk its strong again.

Not sure what todo next .
    Should i start back on the program and finish it off ?.
    My concern is concentrating on it seams to make me worse .
    Also my partner and i nearly broke up before we went away wich was when i was doing all the journaling about all the bad stuff between us .

Any help welcome

Nelle x

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Nelle,

Glad to hear you had a good vacation.

If you are able to get yourself back into the same frame of mind you were in during your vacation without doing the SEP, than it seems like you are where you need to be, so there is no need to continue. If not, then the purpose of the SEP exercises is to help us get to that place of letting go that you experienced on your vacation. For most of us this takes practice and multiple positive experiences to be able to do it on a daily basis when we are in our normal routine.

So now you know that your frame of mind impacts your TMS, so you can continue to work on making choices that supports your recovery.

Best wishes on your continued progress.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Nelle. I'm glad you had a good vacation in Spain. Ellen may be right but if you still are not satisfied with your TMS progress,
    maybe continue with the SEProgram where you left off, and also go back over any journaling you've done, about repressed emotions.

Your relationship with your partner seems to have improved, and I hope that continues.

4. Reddog

Reddog New Member

I would see the whole thing as a success and support for the idea that your pan is emotionally based. Get away from life and it's stressors and reminders of emotional hurt and the pain goes away. Return and it returns. If your pain was physically based the rigors of travel would have made it worse.. Consider it proof you have TMS and keep working your program!

juderocketqueen likes this.