1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8 Back at it!, with Meme

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jessedas, Jun 25, 2014.

1. jessedas

jessedas Peer Supporter

Hi Guys!

I'm back after some time away from these forums. I got started on the program..but didn't journal passed a couple of days. Now I'm on week 2 (keeping up every day!), and enjoying the process. Since I first read Sarno's The Mind-Body Prescription, about a year ago, I've since had great success with my back pain. I also read Healing Back Pain by him, and watched a few videos from you helpful folks. I've been able to increase my driving a lot, and am unafraid to make distance travels, do manual labor, and anything else I feared associated with back pain. I found that a big trigger for me was driving, because when I was younger I dropped out of a school I went to for 3 weeks. I had to drive literally half way across the country to get home, which was a very emotional drive for me.
    Since I've struggled with neck pain associated with my computer usage trigger, I've decided to come back and make a better attempt at healing. I feel that I'm on a similar path as Peg, where things aren't coming easily, or quickly I should say, but the more effort I put into finding the source of these triggers, the better I become. For this I am grateful and healing gradually every day.
    Currently I'm on the Structured Educational Program, and reading The Great Pain Deception. I also have Robert Bly's book on the Shadow that I'll be digging into soon.

So with that all said, I'll end this post with a meme, just to share something comical :) Wishing you all the best in your healing, and happy to be back!

Attached Files:

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Stella like this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

jessedas love to see you back. Glad you have gotten to doing all of the things you want to do that listed above. That sounds like success to me. I really liked the meme, where did you get it from? Anyhow steves book is a great read and will reveal tons of information to you. Learning about that shadow is great, that part that is really you that you and only you know about. It should have some great eye openers there. Anyhow great to see your back.
    Bless you

PS. Keep us up-dated. :) and any more of those memes would be awesome.

3. jessedas

jessedas Peer Supporter

Thanks Eric! I appreciate it.
    I made the Muary meme with a meme creator I found online. Easy enough to make more if there's one you're interested in having.

I will keep you guys posted, all the best!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.