1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

As a kid I had fear of mum and dad dying.....

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by allinthemind, Jan 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. allinthemind

allinthemind Peer Supporter

I am new on the TMS recovery journey and I remember being afraid of thoughts of being left alone with no mum or dad, I would cry! I guess that could have been the start of the symptoms, to my memory. I also remember having stomach cramps too (just saying). Were these conscious thoughts created by my unconscious?? Or did I just put these conscious thoughts of fear into my unconscious to be manifested at a later date?? Can anybody answer that for me please?

Was having a bath earlier while listening to 'the divided mind' on Audible, when a thought of drowning myself in the bath came into my head, I am not suicidal at all, but i have had these thoughts now and then but I obviously ignored them (otherwise you wouldn't have the pleasure of reading these words now) is it the unconscious at work???
    What is the conscious - unconscious dialogue, is there any at all???

Thanks,
    altm.

2. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

I had childhood anxiety over money despite never going without.
    Also had a recurring dream that I woke up an old man on my deathbed.

suicidal thoughts are surprisingly common.

Find purpose, engage with your local community and volunteer. these things always help me

3. KevinB

KevinB Well known member

Hey,

Thanks for sharing. What you're going through seems to be standard TMS stuff, just keep doing the work, more will be revealed! Are you still doing the Structured Educational Program? I recall seeing you post a "Day 1" a little while back.... that program is very helpful.

Blessings.

Kevin

4. allinthemind

allinthemind Peer Supporter

Hey thx for response Kevin. Trying to stuck to program but not doing it in consecutive days, finding it very hard at times when I get home from work then sort kids out and shattered come 7 o clock.