1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Are food sensitivities TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by newlearner, Mar 11, 2022.

Tags:
  1. newlearner

newlearner Peer Supporter

From the time this started, if I eat pasta, peanuts or eggs, my throat will swell the next day or so it feels and I will have difficulty swallowing.

If I eat these foods I can tell.

If I do not eat them I do not have the problem.

When I was experiencing a lot of rage and trauma, I was eating these foods.

I believe my body said these foods are causing your pain and became allergic to them so I'd stop feeling pain.

2. brecar92

brecar92 New Member

I have a history of allergies also...my pain psychologist mentioned to me once that allergic reactions and pain are inter-related - I'm not sure I caught the explanation correctly but the general idea was something like that. I got tested for allergies and found out I was highly allergic to all forms of pollen, and later found that the pain I had had for decades in various parts of my body weren't tendinitis at all as I had been told multiple times by multiple doctors, but something more along the lines of TMS. Wouldn't surprise me at all if your allergic reaction is due to an over-stimulated nervous system. Do you have chronic pain also?

JanAtheCPA likes this.