1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Are Doctors Making Us Worse

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Steve Ozanich recently wrote a terrific article on TMS for a new online magazine, Jennings Wire. The article is at http://anniejenningspr.com/jenningswire/health/are-doctors-making-us-worse/ .

Steve provides a wonderful introduction on TMS for an audience that has not heard of it before. It is so great to see the TMS message spread and reach new people. Give it a read, and if you like it go ahead and share it on Facebook or comment on it. It would be a great way to inform other people about TMS.

This is the first of many other articles Steve will be writing for the site, and I look forward to reading more of his posts!

BruceMC and eric watson like this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This was awesome forest-thanks so much for posting
    Steve was a phenomenal help In my rd. to freedom and I can never thank him enough

3. Peter Zafirides

Peter Zafirides Physician

Beautiful article. Bravo Steve-O!!

4. Stella

Stella Well known member

I am going to share his article with the Kansas City Support Group.

5. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

Dr. Z! You've been underground for a while. Busy I assume. I hope you are well. We need to get together again soon.

Stella!!! (Streetcar Named Desire), how many people in your KC group? What did they say about that article?

EricW, I hope you are well. I'm still slowly reading the pdf you sent.

Steve

6. Stella

Stella Well known member

Hi Steve,
    My physical therapist and I started a TMS support group in Kansas City 2 months ago. We are using Meetup.com to attract participants plus some of my physical therapist patients. We have averaged around a dozen people. Half are acknowledged TMSers. The other half are new to TMS having never heard of Sarno. Most have looked it up on the internet but are still not clear on what it is.

Our next meeting is May 2. I plan to read your article to the group. So far they have been quiet, listeners and stoic.... hard to read. They are doing lots of processing. 4 did not return from the first meeting.

The biggest issue I see right now is finding or educating several therapist to work with TMSers. I have had several requests from participants so far. If you have any suggestions on how to approach this, I would sure appreciate it.

I will let you know the response to your article.

7. Steve Ozanich

I would like to talk to that group, and also the 4 who didn't return. When you get into the minds of people, you begin to learn, and it's scary in there.

I don't know how to recruit therapists. It seems like it's the same as getting people onboard with TMS, they either believe it or they don't. Best to just ask a few. The best way to educate them, if they're open, is to have them read the books.

The manner in which you approach people about TMS is just as important as the message itself. When ego is involved anger is right behind. Ego = me.

Good luck Stella, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Steve

8. Peter Zafirides

Peter Zafirides Physician

Steve,

Sorry to have been "underground". Not my intent at all.

Just trying to balance (emphasis on TRYING) work, kids, website, podcast... and not fire up my TMS!

Still pain-free, but that doesn't mean I am properly balancing everything.

I would look forward to getting together again very soon.

-Peter

9. Steve Ozanich

Dr. Zafirides, I figured you were busy, but busy is good if it's good busy. You're in those years of responsibility, kids and career. Those are the best times of life. But they demand much of us. To those who are given much, much will be asked. Plus you have that little side thing of helping people as a medical doctor! It takes a special person to hear people's problems every day, and then balance your own. Balance is king, but demands have de-throned many a king. We need more people like you.

Let's set up a podcast when you can poke a hole in your schedule.

Steve

10. JohnO

JohnO New Member

11. JohnO

JohnO New Member

Stella-

I recently moved back to KC and have TMS. I have been to see Dr Schubiner, completed unlearn your pain, read Steve O book and am going to a TMS therapist online. I would be very interested in going to your TMS support group. Let me know how to attend if it is an open meeting? I also did the last call with Alan Gordon that is here on TMS wiki.

Thanks Steve O for great book, it was a big part of my believing.

John O

12. Stella

Stella Well known member

I wanted to give everyone an update on the KC Support Group. We had 11 people counting the facilitators which was pretty darn good considering we had a major snow storm. I do believe we would have had more if not for the weather..... it was awful.

Steve, I read your article with vigor and enthusiasm. As I said it is hard to read people especially the ones with the stoic personality. I asked if there were any questions... I had all these blank looks and not one question. They did ask for a copy of your article which I have emailed to them all.

7 people were new members of the group. My co-facilitator(physical therapist) had 3 of her Interstitial Cystitis patients present who were in the process of reading Sarno. Several other new members were familiar with Sarno. So we march on.

I would like some input on an email from a man who was present at the support group. We did have some discussion. He is trained in the Faster EFT. He wants to present to the group. Below is the email I got from him. I have not included his name for his own privacy. I can provide that privately if anyone would like to call him. I plan to call him next week. My question is does the Faster EFT negate anything about Sarno's beliefs and ideas. I am not sure of his costs which our objective is to provide our meetings for free to all. I am afraid his objectives with conflict with ours. And or muddy up our message. So would appreciate any input.

John O, I will contact you. I missed your response to this thread and would love to have you attend the Support Group.
    Hello Ann and Stella,
    I really enjoyed the Meet Up last night. I am so busy with my original telecom business that I forget how good it is to be around people that are like-minded when it comes to alternative methods of life-improvement, stress reduction and healing. You asked about FasterEFT.
    FasterEFT is a derivative of a number of disciplines. It is a combination of EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique), NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming), Hypnosis, The Release Technique and others. It selects the most powerful attributes of those disciplines and combines them to elicit very fast and huge changes in memories and beliefs which in turn eliminates stress and enhances healing capabilities of the client. It will change peoples lives in just hours and sometimes in just minutes. I've seen it happen.

I personally have invested hundreds and hundreds of hours in training in 12 different life altering disciplines including Qigong, Silva Method, Phoenix Method, Release Technique, EFT, PsychK, Emotion Code/Body Code, etc. FEFT is the most beneficial and powerful life improving technology I have witnessed so far in my life's search for the keys to help people heal themselves. My learning list includes 500+ Books, CDs, DVDs, EBooks etc..
    You had requested information about Faster EFT (FEFT). Other than the training manuals and 700 you tube videos, I don't have literature or handouts as of yet, however they are in the works. Most all of the information about FEFT is on Robert Smith's you tube account and website www.fastereft.com ; and http://www.youtube.com/user/HealingMagic. ; They contain compelling proof of the veracity of this technology for healing people and eliminating stress. His videos have had over 5,400,000 hits just since January 1,2013.
    As I mentioned I have owned of KC for 31+ years and my next endeavor is to give back to People by teaching them how to regain their God-given power for living the kind of life they are intended to live. Getting involved in groups such as yours and Sandy's is a step in that direction if you see fit to let me participate.
    In the near future my business partner and I will be lecturing about FEFT as well as other helpful concepts. Let me know if you would like for me to do a presentation at the next Meet Up. Please call me if you wish for me to provide more information.
    Sincerely,

Forest likes this.