1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

anyone else?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Markus, Mar 14, 2015.

1. alexandra

alexandra Peer Supporter

I just began the Unlearn your pain workbook, im enjoying it as it is very strsight forward, another technique I like is to journal about emotions and rip it up as a symbol of letting it all go.

Lizzy and Markus like this.
  2. Markus

Markus Guest

I saw that was available, I didn't get it yet, I hope you are helped by it.

3. Markus

Markus Guest

Having second thoughts about the entire message.....there isn't enough info, and I don't believe Fibromyalgia is psychosomatic! Looked at pros and cons and feel it could work for some....

M

4. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Marcus, I'm sorry to hear you're feeling that way. You mention there isn't enough info. Have you used search to read fibro posts here? Also TMShelp, I like this forum better, but the other is older I think, so you might find more there.

It is hard to imagine you will find much hope and help going back to traditional methods, but I sometimes wish both physical and emotional stuff would just go away, its hard. But, turns out I have lots of little TMS-y stuff and it is so nice to have it beginning to melt away. I hope you keep searching, and come to believe it.

5. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

take hope in that diagnosis of fibro, keep doing the work and you will heal. It may take some time so hang in there, but you have to let go of what the medical field says about fibro. Start looking at your life and putting the pieces together. Nothing is wrong with your body it's your mind abd relationships that need healing. perserverance and faith go a long way in the process. Goodluck, we are what we believe.

Ryan

Here is a good article from a tms therapists http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/fibromyalgia.5927/[/QUOTE]

Markus and Lizzy like this.
  6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Let it all hang out in journaling. Write about your most repressed emotions.
    My journaling led me to realize that my parents and older brother who caused me
    childhood stress had their own TMS repressed emotions causing them pain.
    It helped me to forgive them and that stopped my severe back pain.
    Dr. Sarno calls it "TMS Knowledge Penicillin"

Markus and Lizzy like this.
  7. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Mark, you put a smile on my face! So glad you are feeling more positive. Life has thrown 2 hard realities at me today, thanks for something good!

Markus likes this.
  8. Markus

Markus Guest

[/QUOTE]
    Thank You Ryan, I am headed to get me a journal. I can think of many things that make me angry, but rage is different. I will continue on, I will read and learn what i can about TMS.

Lizzy likes this.
  9. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Markus,

I had the diagnosis of fibromyalgia for over 20 years. I was about to have to quit my job due to my pain levels when I discovered TMS. I am now completely recovered from it. I treated it as TMS using the techniques described on this site, and after about 12 months was completely pain free. There are many similar success stories. You can heal by treating it as TMS. It takes time and persistence, but it can be done. Hang in there!

Forest, Lizzy and Markus like this.