Stormshadow
Peer Supporter
I know this may be a deeply personal topic and I don't want to turn it into a religious debate, but the reason I ask is that I became a born again Christian a few years back and amongst other pressures in my life, I wonder if the way I handle that contributes to my "goodist" nature. I know alot of times, particularly in my marriage, I tend to think about how God or Jesus would want me to handle a situation. And that would be in a loving and patient manner and a forgiving manner despite the circumstances. And I think this causes me to force myself to try to be calm and loving when deep down inside there might be a rage or anger that wants to explode but knows its not appropriate. I see this alot in my marriage where there are some parts of me that hate that my wife and I can't communicate and I feel like she won't listen to me or really hear me. I also think sometimes there are parts of my personality or bad habits I have that I need to work through or eliminate and I put pressure on myself with trying to do that or getting upset when I stumble with different things. So there is guilt and shame and a feeling like I am not good enough sometimes. I know I should be focusing more on forgiveness and self forgiveness and acceptance.
Anyways, wondering if there are any of you that may have similar pressures to do good based on your beliefes and how you handle or process them with TMS?
Anyways, wondering if there are any of you that may have similar pressures to do good based on your beliefes and how you handle or process them with TMS?