1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Antidepressant.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Boston Redsox, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Anti-depressants never helped my pain, just the depression and anxiety.

Boston Redsox likes this.
  2. Markus

Markus Guest

I've had anti depressants both help immensely with pain and with depression! If it had not been for an antidepressant I would have ended up in the hospital! If used properly and then tapered at the right time, they ate worth it!

3. DUM00

DUM00 New Member

I've been on gabapentin and setraline before (the last one helped with my pain A LOT!), but i strongly recommend that, whatever the choice you make (take anti depressants or not), you should be able to be completely sure that you are making what's best for you. I don't take any of this medication now (i'm only on Rivotril, witch cause addiction, so it is a little bit harder to quit), but when i did, i knew i needed those pills and threw away the thought that i shouldn't be taking them (because someone may think i was weak, crazy, etc.) Take your decision and, whatever it is, be happy with it.

4. Markus

Markus Guest

Never give up your music Eric!, Tms had sidetracked me and I stopped writing lyrics, I'm just starting to find my music again. Antidepressants can help there for sure.