1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Angry, angry. I will not let TMS run my life

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Sanghagirl82, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Sanghagirl82

Sanghagirl82 Peer Supporter

I am going to try to post my youtube "rant" from my channel journey to health from fibromyalgia/lyme.

If it doesn't post here I invite you to view my video. I know I have TMS and it is not going to run my life anymore.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Sanghagirl82

Becca, yb44 and Ellen like this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

[​IMG]
    I saw your video and wanted to know if you've ever seen this Emotional guidance scale. As long as you drop a point and go like from anger to resentment then blame and so forth it could help you get higher up the scale till you overcome this exstinction burst. You've come to realize the truth and now its made you angry so instead of trying to jump from anger to happiness you can slowly work your way up in steps you see.

The thread that tells more how to work this so you can soothe better is here http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/eft-and-your-emotional-guidance-scale.3518/
    This thread talks about tapping but you can try other styles with the scale. I love tapping but you don't have to love tapping just give it a try in acceptance by working your way up the scale and see how it works.
    Bless You

yb44 likes this.
  4. Sanghagirl82

Eric, thanks for the post. I haven't seen the emotional guidance scale before.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  5. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

I like this guidance scale too, Herbie, and have saved it to look at it more closely later.

Sanghagirl, I am watching your videos with increasing interest and cheering you on in the background. Your topic in this particular one reminds of the scene below for some reason. I do not mock you. I am right there with you. I am pretty enraged at times but am finding ways to accept the anger and forgive myself for feeling it. Someday I hope to be able to see my anger in the distance, wave at it in passing and carry on with my life. By the way, I was in your neck of the woods very recently. I was so grateful for the wonderful climate you have there, even if I had to leave it behind and return to high winds and torrential rain.

6. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Wow yb44 that is some good stuff. I've been there in the past and that was the reason for my pain. See when we're this far -- we don't understand how rough we're being on ourselves and it shows with the fear and anger. That's why this guy will never feel his TMS cause he's expressing it being mad as hell.

Now we would think this could effect a cure but it doesn't cause all of this un-controlled aggression is making this tv actor sensitive to anxiety and fear. So instead of releasing built up anger -- the style above actually adds to it.

PS - I love the video though. It doesn't hurt to take care of yourself or even get mad. It's when we stay that way all the time that hurts us.

7. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Yea, it's sort of like you just work your way up the scale to Joy over time instead of trying to get their in a day ya know. It is worth your effort to get up the scale for sure cause anger will keep the pain boiling. I also want to show you these Claire Weekes audios. Listen to them and see if she helps -- she's been a life saver for me. http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/claire-weekes-audio.2569/

Hope you have a great Week.:)

8. Sanghagirl82

Thank you both. The video was great(and appropriate). Thank you for the suggestion re: Claire Weekes. I will keep that in mind

9. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks for the update, Sanghagirl. I'm glad to hear that you're working with a TMS doctor. It sounds like a lot is coming up and there is no need to rush it.

10. Sanghagirl82

Thanks Forest. I'll be posting another video soon. I was able to contact Steve O. His book has been quite helpful. He said he is preparing a TMS lecture. Is there a TMS conference in the works?

11. Forest

Sortof. Currently the emphasis is more on trainings for practitioners rather than on conferences, but they are very similar of course. Two of the main Sarno psychologists from Rusk, Sommer-Anderson and Sherman are doing a series of seminars in NYC with colleagues and are putting together a training program based on their book that may have an online component and will also involve supervision of individual clients. They are accomplished psychoanalysts so I'm sure it will be good, but there are no general conferences for peers planned yet.

12. Forest

Looking forward to the new video soon.