1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 4 AMAZING !

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Jilly, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

I'm on day four and I tested out the new concept, think "Psychologically". All I can say is WOW !

I have a typical 17 yr old daughter and felt a headache coming on with just her mere presence !

I stopped and recognized the impulse to medicate with (2) Advil. I really felt the sensations and said to the pain and to my mind, "Hey, I know what this is...your'e trying to get me to feel physical pain rather than to feel my real feelings". Well, it's not going to work, we've been through a lot together and I know your'e trying to protect me, but it's o.k. I can handle this and it won't really hurt you or me. So relax... your'e in good hands. I felt the consistency and quality of the pain to make note of it.

I then redirected myself onto some computer work...and then withing minutes the headache was GONE ! I checked back in with my self and said, "See...it's o.k. your'e safe, now maybe the adult in me can help you and protect you, the way you protected the small child." :)

2. Explorer

Explorer Well known member

Good for you, Jilly! I did the same thing with my headaches which turned into migraines at the height of my TMS. I notice them on occasion and simply tell them to go away.

Susan

Jilly and Enrique like this.
  3. Enrique

Enrique Well known member

Good job. I do that all the time!

Jilly likes this.
  4. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

I have noticed an upsurge in symptoms due to my own daughter recently. Well done, Jilly, and thanks for the useful reminder.

Jilly likes this.
  5. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

You know, I thought about this...why would my amazing beautiful daughter cause me stress ? This amazed me when I thought of my answer....I think unconsciously she triggered memories of myself when I was her age and my buried pain from my teen years is reflected back to me.

6. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

Wonderful isn't it ! Thanks for sharing with me !

7. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

I'm getting the hang of this ! YAY !

Enrique likes this.