1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

[AMA Request] A physician who specializes in TMS

Discussion in 'Mindbody Blogs (was Practitioner's Corner)' started by Redditor, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Redditor

Redditor Peer Supporter

My 5 questions:
    1. How common is TMS? (Lifetime prevalence vs. number of adults who currently suffer from it)
    2. Why isn't TMS listed in the DSM-5 or ICD-10? If you had TMS, what would be your diagnosis according to the book?
    3. Why do you think TMS is such an unpopular diagnosis among the medical community?
    4. What type of analgesic is most effective for TMS-related pain and why?
    5. What will happen if TMS goes untreated? Will there be any changes to your nervous system, musculoskeletal system, or other systems?

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

I will look for a TMS physician who might be willing to answer these questions. Does anyone else have any other questions they would like to ask a TMS physician?

By the way, for those not familiar with the term "AMA," it is short for "Ask Me Anything," a term from Reddit. It happens when someone who meets a specific criteria, such as being a TMS doctor, shows up and offers to answer questions. The most famous AMA was when Barack Obama did one (for real; click the link).

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.