1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Ah, is this not happiness..

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by Gigalos, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I smell your chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven. Can't wait to eat some. If only in my imagination.

No more Christmas cookies but I had some Graham crackers and they filled my sugar hole.

Gigalos likes this.
  2. Mala

Mala Well known member

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Is this not happiness!

image.jpg

Solange, Gigalos, Ellen and 1 other person like this.
  3. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Made me smile, because I am actually feeling sick as a dog today due to a cold.
    Chickensoup made by your dear old mother... ah, is this not happiness...

Forest likes this.
  4. Mala

Mala Well known member

Oh dear. I do sympathise. I had the flu which lasted 3 weeks & it was awful.

Hope u r better soon Gigalos. Mom's love and chicken soup will see u up & about in no time.

Mala

5. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Stumbling on a photo of my dear old Greta a week ago and then having Mala remind me of how lucky I was. Ah, is this not happiness....
    Greta.jpg
    She was already mostly blind in that photo, so she wasn't making great eye contact, but I still think she looks beautiful. :)

Plus, I had a great time playing with @veronica73's new bulldog, snow, last night with @Becca and @ForestsGF. Definitely happiness!

Lily Rose, Mala and Gigalos like this.
  6. Mala

Mala Well known member

So lovely!

Mala

Forest likes this.
  7. Gigalos

Re-reading all the wonderful posts in this thread... I haven't been visiting the forum for a while, but still want to endorse this thread as I feel it will really help people. Try to make a habit of taking a pause every day and think about the small and seemingly insignificant moments that make you happy. It helped me appreciate life more and helped with not thinking about my mind and body all day, I am convinced it can help you too.

Lily Rose, Solange, she333 and 2 others like this.
  8. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Good God...the joy of an old friend popping in and reviving a much-loved conversation. Ah, is this not happiness.

Lily Rose and Gigalos like this.
  9. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

The joy of a painting coming out much better than expected......Ah, is this not happiness.

Lily Rose, Gigalos and plum like this.
  10. Gigalos

good to see you both, beloved grand eagles!

Walking in nature, for some reason fantasizing about what would happen if you encountered a bear or puma (which we don't have in my country, the most dangerous animals around were a bunch of cows!). Only seconds later you see a white house cat staring at you from a distance before continuing its hunt for mice and birds... ah, is this not happiness

Lily Rose and plum like this.
  11. Solange

Solange Well known member

In the park today, a blizzard of copper and golden leaves blown off the trees by a sudden gust.
    A steaming hot cup of coffee and the newspaper in my favourite cafe.
    Some new books from the library.
    My car working again after three days without it.
    Polishing my boots- don't know why but I've always enjoyed the task of getting up a good shine.
    A warm house.
    The deep red nasturtiums by my kitchen window still flowering their heads off despite the cold.
    A new TV series to watch tonight.
    Playing table tennis on the dining room table with my son. Ah, is this not happiness....
    I have a lot to enjoy in my life and these days I make sure I acknowledge those simple things in my life that add up to so much more than the sum of their parts. I am amazed that I never used to even really notice these things once upon a time. With age comes wisdom!

Lily Rose, Mala, Gigalos and 2 others like this.
  12. Gigalos

Making jeruzalem artichoke soup on a stormy Sunday afternoon and sharing it with your neighbor.

Mala likes this.
  13. Mala

Mala Well known member

Yum!

14. Mala

Mala Well known member

What TV series r u watching? :)

15. Gigalos

Pausing your walk in the winter forest to stand still and listen to the wildlife. Only by keeping still you suddenly discover how many birds actually are surrounding you, even birds you have never seen before in your life. Then when you arrive at a bench a red robin decides to sit next to you, flying away happily after picking up the cookie crumbs that you discover in your pocket.

Lily Rose and Ellen like this.
  16. Gigalos

Bumping this one, too important imho...

Watching boats go by on the river. You wave and smile at a guy standing on deck of a small leisure vessle, enjoying the breeze, the summer sun and the sound of the water colliding gently with the hull. I wave at him and stick up my thumb as a sign of understanding the happiness that cruising the water can bring and he enthusiastically waves back, smiles and sticks up his thumb too. Ah, is this not happiness...

Lily Rose, Mala, Ellen and 1 other person like this.
  17. Forest

Seeing Gigalos bump one of my old favorite threads.... :) Ah, is this not happiness....

Mala likes this.
  18. Forest

Watching my new mint plant grow like the weed it really is.... Ah, is this not happiness...

Gonna drink some mojitos and juleps!

mint.jpg

Lily Rose, Mala, Ellen and 2 others like this.
  19. Gigalos

Now rub your hand through it and smell... great on vanilla ice cream btw

plum likes this.
  20. Forest

Basil is pretty amazing for the smell, too. I'll do that next year.

How do you process the mint for ice cream? It'll probably be good to have some other recipes, as I can only drink so much!

Lily Rose likes this.