1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

after being pain free for 12 years...

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by jonnydegani, Oct 1, 2018.

1. jonnydegani

jonnydegani Newcomer

Hi. I had TMS 13 years ago. It is the kind of story you’ve heard of a hundred times: L4/L5 disc protrusion, doctor treated with cortisone shots and giving me a prescription drug addition. A year later, when recovered from the addiction and faced the option of paying $20,000 I didn’t have for surgery, I tried Dr. Sarno’s method. It took about 6 week of writing and going to the gym, but I finally recovered. I credit Dr. Sarno with saving my life and preach the gospel of Sarno to everyone I know with chronic pain.

After being pain free for 12 years, the pain returned last week. Not surprisingly, it came at a very stressful time (the holidays). I woke up paralyzed one morning, but felt better after rewatching Dr. Sarno’s presentation (I saved the DVD video on my computer from 12 years ago) as well as the documentary, All the Rage.

I went back to writing, but I can’t organize my thoughts. I know this sounds weird, but when I go down the rabbit hole, I get confused whether I am getting to the root or getting side tracked.

Is there a program where I can get a sponsor and we speak to one another every so often? If so, how can I join?

Are there any recommended psychotherapists who treat TMS than I can speak to over the phone (I know they prefer to meet in person, but I live in a foreign country and have two special needs kids, so meeting over the phone is my only realistic option)?

2. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  3. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle