1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Advice please! Varicose vein pain or TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by KiwiSunshine, Mar 2, 2019.

1. KiwiSunshine

KiwiSunshine New Member

Hi all, after some advice. I found out about TMS about 6 months ago after suffering unexplained pain for about 18 months after the birth of my 4th child. I had headaches, neck pain, upper back pain & terrible arm pain which I now realise was all largely due to stress and too high expectations on myself. I am now cured of those things! It took a while for all the principles to sink in and I actually found I recovered faster when I stopped visiting this site everyday, interestingly, but I have been feeling a million times better!!...
    Unfortunately, over the last week or so I have had this terrible dull aching in my legs, which is causing me to have trouble sleeping again. I DO have quite bad varicose veins in my legs (4 pregnancies & big babies!!) and I have also been indulging in a lot of physical activity (after feeling so much better!). So now I am really unsure if this is TMS again or varicose vein related pain. I have been feeling a bit stressed again with my husband working long hours & lots going on with my kids, birthday parties etc to organise...
    Just wondered what people's thoughts were as to which it is? Thanks so much in advance...

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Kiwisunshine,
    I found this thread, which may help. I have no direct experience with varicose veins, but dull aches could sure be TMS.
    http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/varicose-vein-pain-or-tms.18917/ (Varicose Vein Pain or TMS)

I am frankly not surprised. Unfortunately many folks spend time here expressing their worry and obsessions about symptoms! This cannot be helped because so many come here suffering and have questions, concerns. In my experience, as someone who was getting better and going deep, I almost never came here until I had worked through what I needed. I did not want people's input, nor to read of other's difficulties. That was my experience. I'm glad you followed what worked for you.

I am so happy you've gotten better. Have you posted in the Success Stories section?

You might like my article about successes building on themselves. I wish you clarity on this current issue!
    http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/ease-trust-success-and-positive-loops.19807/ (Ease, trust, success, and positive loops)

Andy B

3. KiwiSunshine

KiwiSunshine New Member

Thanks Andy B, appreciate it. I think I will treat this pain like it is TMS for now!...

4. Snowman

Snowman Peer Supporter

I also suffer with varicose veins . Ask your gp about support stockings. I had mine lasers few years ago . . Also if you lay down and have your legs elevated high does the pain go ? They used to cause me terrible pain when I had them bad while standing ..