1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Advice about making list of health issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by wings, Sep 12, 2016.

1. wings

wings New Member

I have many health issues that are clearly TMS like depression, anxiety, IBS, mild ezcema and my newest diagnosis of fibromyalgia. I have now read 2 of Dr. Sarno's books, Nicole Sach's book, many stories and testimonials online and started to journal about 3 weeks ago. During one of journaling sessions I started listing all my maladies from childhood on and ended up with a crazy messy page with possibly more than 100 items. I thought I'd put it in chonological order just to understand it clearer so I could categorize the issues that are TMS, ones I'm not sure about and the ones that are not. Part of me thinks this is a great information gathering exercise and the other part of me thinks this might a negative thing to do. Any feedback?

BTW, I'm starting to feel considerably better.

2. Ines

Ines Well known member

In the Structured Educational Program on TMSwiki.org, there is an exercise to make an evidence sheet and this sounds really similar. It's not negative because it confirms and builds the case that it IS TMS. So, go for it!

3. wings

wings New Member

Thank you for the advice Ines. Oh my gosh, I just finished typing up my list, it's 2 pages long! I will be investigating how TMS comes into play.

Ines likes this.
  4. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Creating this list is an exercise in Dr. Schubiner's book Unlearn Your Pain. I found it helpful to see the patterns in my life and to link psychological issues to the emergence of different symptoms at different times.
    So glad to hear you are feeling better.

Ines likes this.
  5. wings

wings New Member

OK, this is good to hear. I thought perhaps it was giving too much power to my health issues. Now that I have the list I will look for patterns. Thank you for your reply Ellen.

Is there a list of TMS equivalents that I can review to try to understand how my health problems can be categorized?

Mad likes this.