1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Acid Reflux-Help!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by blackle22, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

Hi Nick! Very sorry for the issues you're having related to your esophagus. Mindbody issues are a bitch! While my experience is not the exact same as yours, I was on heavy PPIs for several years and was able to completely off and I credit that to Dr. Sarno. I do occasionally take a famotidine, but frankly, I don't consider that to be a big deal.

My advice is worth exactly what you're paying for it... :). But my suggestion would be to take a close look at Alan Gordon's Pain Recovery Program and apply it to your issue. http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/ (Pain Recovery Program)

I've been going through it and re-going through it diligently for a chronic fatigue issue I've struggled with recently. To me, Alan's program is modern approach to TMS with concrete steps to get better. It's not just good for TMS, but for your overall well being. I'm a very big fan.

Good luck on your journey, Nick!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. Nick5049

Nick5049 New Member

Thank you so much! I will try my best!

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  3. Mazinio

Mazinio New Member

Hey Nick,

I'm sorry to hear you have been going through this. I have had all the same symptoms as you for the past year. It started off with a dry cough that progressed, now I have throat tightness, a tickly menthol type feeling when I breath, inflamed vocal cords (LPR), horse throat, coughing, belching, hiccuping and tightness in the chest area. Seems to get worse the longer the day goes on too. I also find myself constantly swallowing my own saliva (a reaction to the inflamed throat).

I am waiting for an endoscopy which I am worried about due to what they might find but I hope it could also put my mind at ease.

However with my track record and TMS I'm a thinking that it is a mind body disorder.

I'm hey familiar with TMS as a long term back pain sufferer which I got on top of after years of pain by hearing about John Sarno and TMS. This time it is inside my organs so has a completely different feeling and I must not be 100 percent convinced it's TMS.

How have you gotten on since you last posted here. Any improvements? Any words of advice? This goes out to everyone else too. I'm in a crappy place with this right now and could use a pick me up.

Thanks all!