1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S. (New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Acid Reflux and the Burps

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MadRex, Dec 30, 2021.

1. MadRex

MadRex Newcomer

Acid Reflux and the Burps are not a rock n' roll band, but unfortunately an ailment many of us live and suffer with. I'm one of those dealing with it right now and I don't like it in the least. It is a good name for a punk band, but that might be about all it's worth.

I decided to sign on to this program to make a commitment to use Sarno’s method to knock out my acid reflux issues.

I believe my acid reflux/GERD is TMS related. It came about a year and half, or two years ago because of stresses at work. At least stress is what I attribute its rise to. I’ve since changed job duties, but stress is ever present. I’ve seen a doctor about my stomach and there are no concerns over something serious going on internally. I have a referral to get a GI but haven’t made the appointment yet because I feel this is all emotional. I should have dived into Sarno’s work earlier but I have just been lazy. Sarno worked for my sciatica so I need no further proof his method works after that long, costly and crazy experience.

I’ve actually got the reflux bit under some control already, but I still suffer from burping and some nausea. Neither is continual and there is no pattern, except both tend to get worse in the evening when I am feeling vulnerable and scared. If I mediate or really focus on something else, the symptoms usually disappear.

I have very little doubt that this is emotionally/stress driven but there is still some concern it won’t work. I keep wondering if I need a therapist but not sure how to find one that is familiar with Sarno. From what I have read in Sarno’s books, Acid Reflux/GERD is a typical (and popular) TMS candidate so I’m pretty sure if I stick to this program it will work.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
    westb likes this.
  2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

3. MadRex

MadRex Newcomer

Thank you hecate105! I have started the structured educational program. Happy New Year to all.

hecate105 likes this.