1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Abdomen pain, need some advice

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Maha, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Maha

Maha Newcomer

Hello all,
    I''m freaking out here, hope you can offer me some reassurance
    Basically, I’ve been suffering from fibromyalgia pain since one year and a half, Did all blood tests, x-rays to my shoulders elbows and neck upper abdomen ultrasound all came back normal.

After reading Dr. Sarno’s books immediately I started feeling better although my pain kept shifting from place to place.

Now it seems it’s focusing on my stomach and I find myself freaking out and I can’t manage my fear level, I keep imagining every horrible disease out there

I scheduled an appointment with a gastrologist for next week , and I will order an endoscopy just to rule out cancer since Dr. Sarno said that most gastro problems are equivalents to TMS

I Have no signs of indigestion, heartburn nor acid reflux only a dull defused stomach pain

Could it be TMS Manifestation

please help me with some advice on what to do

Excuse my English mistakes since it’s not my first language

Thanks and stay healthy

2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

3. MWsunin12

MWsunin12 Beloved Grand Eagle

Anxiety very, very often reacts in a person's stomach. If you are freaking out, chances are you're making your stomach pain continue. Try to distract your thinking for a while.

4. 2scottb34

2scottb34 New Member

I have had back pain for 30 years with no clinical reason for it. When that started abating and I was getting along at about 70% normal I'd say, I started getting a gnawing feeling in my stomach, which I still have a year and a half later. During this time I have also had very bad pains of and on in my stomach. I was sure besides an ulcer, I had at the very least a hernia of some kind. I've had a CAT scan, numerous blood tests and the scope done. I have very mild inflamation of the stomach lining. The doctors don't seem to be able to figure out why I seem to be in the pain I'm in, or why proton pump inhibitors don't work. So you can be in a great deal of pain and really not have much of anything wrong. It is a good idea to have the tests done to put your mind at ease about anything physical being wrong. I'm beginning to think that TMS can also greatly magnify some extremely minor thing that may be wrong, and even when that has gone away, has learned to hang on to the pain to keep the distraction going. Hope this helped a little bit..Scott

5. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

TMS is the volume control for the pain.

Modern defensive medicine is very good at diagnosing real structural issues, if the white coats can't find anything physically wrong, it's a good bet that it's TMS.