1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

A Physical Diagnosis

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by braden101, Mar 13, 2014.

1. braden101

braden101 Peer Supporter

My mind has been in a good place the last week or so, pain levels are down but I think it is my mind set towards the pain that has made the difference.

I have been reading Claire Weekes book (A great read by the way, highly recommended!) and have kept myself occupied all week. I have actually started my own business with my Father, which is exciting but obviously stressful as I am currently building a home and my cash flow is at its limits.

For the first time in almost 2 months I have been noticing POSITIVE emotions through the dark clouds of anxiety and I have really been trying to run with them.

Headaches still come and go briefly along with tmj and gastro issues (Triggered by stressful situations), Anxiety has calmed down considerably, urinary symptoms easier to deal with the last few days but this damn dragging feeling in my groin and testicle has been really nagging me. I still had that feeling something was just not right.

So I went back to the doctor and he sent me for another ultrasound...They found a right sided Indirect Inguinal Hernia and have referred me to a surgeon.

By no mean do I think this is the sole cause of my pelvic symptoms, far from it. I know TMS has completely blown the pain out of proportion.

I am going to delay surgery for a while as I have alot on my plate at the moment and going into surgery would be another major stress added. Not to mention I want to make sure I am in the best head space I can be pre-surgery to prevent any post-op TMS problems.

Even with this added stress and the knowledge that there will be ups n downs, I feel like I am on the right path and I am starting to see glimpses of light at the end of this long, dark tunnel.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
    North Star likes this.
  2. Mermaid

Mermaid Well known member

Hi Braden,

You've got totally the right mind set to lick this once and for all. Fantastically well done on how you're planning for your surgery, it could have easily taken your focus in the wrong direction. Your post shows that your thinking has definitely shifted over the last few weeks, there is much more emphasis on how you feel emotionally.

Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll be fine :happy:

braden101 likes this.
  3. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Braden, you are SO rocking it! Yay for victory! Your healing for the hernia will only be sped along knowing you have TMS knowledge in your bag o' tricks. ;)

Thanks for sharing. Keep up the great work!

braden101 and Mermaid like this.
  4. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Before you have your surgery, put the word "hernia" into the SEARCH box above and do some research.

5. braden101

braden101 Peer Supporter

I did a quick search of Inguinal Hernias and didn't find a lot to go on.

Everything i have been told about inguinal hernias, is they need to be repaired to prevent further complications. Especially since i have a very physical job,

6. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Get another opinion from a TMS doctor. Do a search over at the TMS Help site too. Do a more thorough search, often the gremlin makes us overlook the answers we need. By doing a "quick" search you may have missed something.

7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I've had an Inguinal hernia for ten years and it doesn't hurt or bother me. I'm 84 so
    I don't want to go to a hospital and get an operation because hospitals are all of sick people
    and I might not even come out alive. God gave my darling dog and she gave me the hernia,
    so I figure God intended me to have the hernia for giving me my dog.

If you're a lot younger, you could get the hernia operation but even my brother's doctor
    told him, get the hernia repaired when you have to go to the hospital for something else.
    My brother was only about 40 at the time and he never did get the hernia repaired and
    he lived to be 81, dying from lung problems unrelated to the hernia. He got the lung problems
    from smoking cigarettes all his life.