1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

A book/testimonial of a powerful TMS recovery, Defying the Verdict

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Roger Gietzen, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Roger Gietzen

Roger Gietzen New Member

Hi everyone,

For those who haven't already read it, consider checking out Tamara's newly published book, Defying the Verdict.

She had a combination of serious neurological conditions (CRPS/RSD and dystonia) crippling the use of both of her hands. These are thought to be incurable by conventional medicine. She had to go through a real journey just to get the right diagnosis and then from there another journey to actually heal, using a TMS approach.

The things that work for her, are very similar to the same things I do for keeping myself (mind body spirit) in balance. I really resonate with her story and think other people might as well. Even though everyone's path is different, you might find some pointers in here that help you on your journey. And even if you don't follow a single foot step of her path, you may still be inspired to read her story and know that someone else, who was completely stuck with an illness, was successfully able to overcome their circumstances.

Her book can be purchased for $.99 in kindle format from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0834Q46SM/

I highly recommend it! ;)

2. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Incredible book especially for a $1 i was her in every page thx for recommending

3. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

I wholeheartedly recommend this book, which I had the pleasure to read before it was published, but also because I was blessed to know Tamara during her healing journey. Her book is a celebration of healing and of the tenacity and courage of the human spirit.
    It’s also a beautiful addition to the TMS library, most especially because it chronicles the whole process in ways I’m sure everyone here will relate to.

Bless you Tamara.
    Your book is a true gift ❤️

Eric "Herbie" Watson, nowa and TG957 like this.
  4. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you, Marco, for the review!

nowa likes this.
  5. TG957

Plum, thank you so much for all the encouragement and support!

plum likes this.
  6. TG957

Many, many thanks, Dr. Geirzen, for setting me up on the healing path and for the encouragement and help in writing the book! You are a physician anyone with chronic pain can only dream for!

7. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

you are welcome it was a much needed read for me who as been on this journey for a long time ..but I have a friend who went threw similar and would enjoy reading this

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    nowa and TG957 like this.
  8. mbo

mbo Well known member

hi
    hi, Tamara
    please look at your inbox. I have sent a PM.
    Take care !

TG957 and nowa like this.
  9. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

TG957 I whole heartily agree with everyone’s comments. Your book gives hope that a painful situation that seems hopeless can be resolved. Thank you for writing the book.

TG957 likes this.
  10. TG957

All, I just realized that the best I can do to express my sincere gratitude to the TMS community is to quote a dedication from my book:

To Dr. John E. Sarno, whose courage to go against the flow and determination to not shy away from a controversy, to ask questions and seek answers, changed so many lives, including my own.
    To Alan Gordon, Director of Pain Psychology Center in LA, who continues Dr. Sarno’s work through the TMS Wiki and TMS Forum, for his outstanding service to the community.
    To the people on the TMS Forum (www.tmswiki.org/forum), whose knowledge, kindness, and wisdom guided me to my recovery: @plum, @balto, @Ellen, @JanAtheCPA, @Eric Watson, and many others. Some of your real names I may never know, but I will never forget your advice and your compassion so generously given to me when I desperately needed it. Without you, I would never have made the recovery and would never find the wisdom and knowledge that will stay with me for the rest of my life. I will always try to give back.
    To Amber Murphy, my cheerleader and supporter, who helped me lose fear and find faith in myself.
    To Dr. Roger Gietzen, for helping me clear the fog and confusion and for encouraging me to write about my experience.

I wish you all the most happiness, peace and freedom of pain and suffering!

11. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Dear Tamara, your recovery alone is an awesome achievement, and then to go on to take the time and put in the effort to put your story down in writing, AND to make it so accessible to anyone and everyone, is nothing short of brilliant.

It's real, it's emotional, the description and castigation of the traditional medical model are dismaying and eye-opening, and I loved it.

Many congratulations, much gratitude, and even more love,

~Jan

TG957 likes this.
  12. TG957

Dear Jan, you brought me to tears! Thank you for such a heartfelt recognition of my work, both here and with your amazing, thoughtful and exactly on-point review on Amazon!

You make me feel confident that two years of my life were not wasted and I can effectively help the movement started by Dr. Sarno. My biggest disappointment is that my thank you note never reached Dr. Sarno before he passed away.

I so much hope to reach the wider audience on Amazon and am grateful to Amazon for the platform. I priced the paperback version at the lowest possible level permitting me participate in the distribution to the booksellers and libraries - my little Trojan horse of promoting TMS ideas :).

I got messages of support from fellow CRPS sufferers here on the forum, those who lived through the similar horrors and were able to recover. CRPS community seems to be a world of it's own, with people living with severe disabilities and in complete despair; they are often zombified by the Big Pharma and medical providers to the point that they would never believe that any improvement in symptoms is possible without ketamine injections or denervation surgeries, or even worse - amputations of effected limbs. We need to figure out how to spread the word of hope. I am planning on recording an audio version of the book, on request from my visually impaired friend who read it. All this gives me renewed energy to continue - thank you all for support!

I also would like to thank you, Jan, for selflessly and generously volunteering here on the forum!

With love,

Tamara

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    JanAtheCPA likes this.
  13. Guero Triste

Guero Triste Peer Supporter

Reading now.

Thank you!

TG957 likes this.
  14. Lavender

Lavender Well known member

also reading it now