1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 A bit unsure

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Niklas, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Niklas

Niklas Newcomer

Hello!

So this is my first day of the Structured Educational Program but I have already read "The Great pain deception" and I am now in the process of reading Dr Sarnos books.

I have had a lot of pain in many different bodyparts during my life. Pain in my back, arms and right knee. I have come to realize that most of my pain is TMS, but I am a bit unsure about my right knee because there is a hard "lump" over the kneecap that hurts when palpated. The pain itself is not over the kneecap but mostly on either the right side of the kneecap or left side of the kneecap (it seems to alternate).

So my question is: can this painful lump over my kneecap be caused by TMS?

Niklas

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Niklas. I think you better ask a doctor about the pain on the sides of the kneecap.
    It may be nothing, and if it is, then you can be sure it is TMS.

The fact that the kneecap pain alternates between your left side and right side
    makes me think it is not structural but psychological from TMS repressed emotions.

Of course, most doctors love to have their patients get X-rays, MRIs, CTscans, etc.,
    because it's money in their pocket. And even if an examination and tests indicate
    something structural, it may not cause pain.

So unless the knee pain is really bad, maybe just work on the SEP a while and see
    if it gets better or goes away. If you have a doctor look at you, maybe insist that
    the most you will agree to now is an X-ray. For years, those were the main way doctors
    found structural problems. Now they want the more expensive tests. I suspect it's
    because they make money from them.

Good luck and Happy Easter. Keep posting so we know how you're doing.

3. patrickelvin

patrickelvin New Member

GOod luck

you are at the same place with me , I would get a medical diagnosis on that knee , knees are tricky and complicated things .
    The main reason I cna feel confident myself about my TMS is I have had full medical diagnosis on my back pain , with that confidence you can enter the world of TMS with beleif that that is what itis